The flow chart illustrates the consequence of deforestation. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
Write at least 150 words
The flow chart shows what typically occurs as a consequence of deforestation. When trees are removed, there are four main immediate effects, which eventually result in flooding, degraded vegetation and a loss of biodiversity.
One immediate effect is soil which has been compacted by heavy equipment. The result hard, ‘baked’ soil contributes to the run off of rain water and, eventually, flooding.
Another immediate consequence of logging is a reduction in the number of roots holding the soil together. This leads to soil erosion. As a consequence, the quality and variety of vegetation is compromised.
The third immediate effect is burning, both deliberate and a consequence of an increased risk of forest fires. The waste that remains after loggings is destroyed and the microorganisms that feed on this material are lost. This leads to degraded vegetation.
The final immediate consequence is a reduction in the amount of moisture plants return to the air. Because there is less moisture in the air, there is less precipitation and an increased incidence of drought. This too reduces plant growth and ultimately results in degraded vegetation and a loss of biodiversity.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!