Describe a friend who is a good leader: IELTS Cue Card Sample 06
Describe a friend who is a good leader
You should say:
- who this friend is
- how you first met
- how other people behave towards him or her;
- and explain why you think he or she is a good leader.
Here is the sample for “Describe a friend who is a good leader” topic:
(Who this friend is?) Everyone possesses leadership qualities, but only a few choose to use this skill and become a leader. A person is a leader only when they know what is right and wrong. They will use this sense of discretion to help others and solve their problems. I’d like to talk about my next-door neighbour, Meera Sharma, who’s a good leader. (How you first met?) I had moved to a new house. Meera was discussing some issues with other members when I first saw her. As Meera was an excellent communicator and possessed all the leadership qualities, she was appointed as the President of the society. I felt it was a good decision because she is very knowledgeable about the society and its mechanisms. She meets and greets everyone humbly and asks for their views on every decision. She never hesitates to help others. (How other people behave towards her?) Since Meera is a very generous and optimistic person, everyone in the society respects her. In her office, she is appreciated and respected by her colleagues. (And explain why you think she is a good leader?) Whenever I am with her, I feel empowered and inspired. She’s incredibly well organised with attention to detail. She always makes an effort to help others. A good leader inspires and motivates others to do their best and be the best, and Meera has all these qualities.
Here are the vocabularies for “Describe a friend who is a good leader” with examples:
- Possess: To have as belonging to one; own
Eg: The old man possesses great wealth.
- Opinion: A view or a judgement about something
Eg: She did not have a good opinion o him
- Communicator: A person who is able to convey information, or ideas; Eloquent & skilled
Eg: Mohana is a gifted communicator.
- Optimistic: A person who is hopeful and confident that things will be better
Eg: Mr. Kapoor was an optimistic person while his wife was a pessimistic person.
- Empower: To make someone stronger and more confident, especially in controlling their life and claiming their rights.
Eg: It was empowering to see many people coming together for a common cause.
- Incredibly: To a great degree: extremely
Eg: John was incredibly naive about people.