IELTS Speaking Topic: Events – Part 3 Questions with Band 8 Sample Answers
Part 3 Topic: Important events
1. How do people in your country celebrate public events?
I think it’s the same for every country. People take days off, spend time with their families and celebrate the occasion together. There are also large gatherings in squares or open spaces, with musical performances given by famous artists.
2. Do you think it is important to celebrate events?
I think it’s a good way to commemorate past events and remember who sacrificed their lives for the greater good. But some events now, have become so commercialised that they have lost their original meaning. For example, the International Labour day has become a long holiday when everyone travels and spends a lot of money, but nobody knows exactly what this day is originally about.
3. Should events be prepared in advance?
If you want to organise a big, successful event then yes, preparation is necessary. But if it’s just a small event, like a birthday party or some private anniversary then just play it by ear I guess.
Practice question: What days are important in your country?
If you liked this, don’t forget to check out:
- IELTS Speaking preparation tips
- IELTS Speaking Part 1
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions with Answers
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words