Part 3 Topic: Important events
- How do people in your country celebrate public events?
I think it’s the same for every country. People take days off, spend time with family and celebrate the occasion together. There are also large gatherings in squares or open spaces, with musical performances given by famous artists.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Role models with Band 8 Model Answers
- Do you think it is important to celebrate events?
I think it’s a good way to commemorate past events and remember who sacrificed their lives for the greater good. But some events have now become so commercialised that they have lost their original meaning. For example, the International Labour day has become a long holiday when everyone travels and spends a lot of money, but nobody knows exactly what this day is originally about.
- Should events be prepared in advance?
If you want to organise a big, successful event then yes, preparation is necessary. But if it’s just a small event, like a birthday party or some private anniversary then just play it by ear I guess.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!