Part 3 Topic: Role models
- What type of people influence the young in your country?
I think for young people in my country, their parents and friends have a great amount of influence, simply because of proximity. Another source of influence is celebrities. Many young people here buy clothes and other products endorsed by their favorite singers or actors.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Holidays & Band 8 Model Answers
- Why it is important to have role models in our life?
People can learn about the characteristics of their role models and emulate them to become successful. Having a role model can also inspire people to reach their goals. If people knew that their role models have overcome a great deal of adversity to be who they are today, they will feel encouraged to work on their own dreams.
- Do you think the education system in your country influences young people’s behaviour?
Yes. Our education system dictates the subjects and the way students learn. Every student I know tries to do well in Math, Science, Literature, and to a lesser extent – English; they even take after-school classes for these subjects to reinforce what they have learned at school and cram for tests to get into their dream schools.
- What types of person (parents, teachers, friends etc.) are best to influence young people’s behaviour?
I think parents can best influence young people’s behavior. Young people spend the most amount of time with their parents, from the time they were born until adulthood, while teachers and friends tend to change as students progress through schools. Parents also have more life experience than friends, and are generally closer to young people than teachers are to their students.
- What do you think young people will be most influenced by in the future?
I think young people will be most influenced by the media. Even now, most young people I know spend more time online than they do interacting with their parents or friends in real life.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network - September 13, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!