Describe a Role model in your life: IELTS Speaking Part 3 Model Answer
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 Speaking Part 3
- 1.0.1 1 What type of people influence the young in your country?
- 1.0.2 2 Why it is important to have role models in our life?
- 1.0.3 3 Do you think the education system in your country influences young people’s behavior?
- 1.0.4 4 What types of person (parents, teachers, friends etc.) are best to influence young people’s behaviour?
- 1.0.5 5 What do you think young people will be most influenced by in the future?
- 1.1 Vocabulary
Speaking Part 3
1 What type of people influence the young in your country?
I think for young people in my country, their parents and friends have a great amount of influence, simply because of proximity. Another source of influence is celebrities and more recently, social media influencers. Many young people here buy clothes and other products endorsed by their favorite singers, actors or video game streamers.
2 Why it is important to have role models in our life?
People learn from the positive characteristics of their role models and attempt to emulate them to become successful. Having a role model can also inspire people to reach their goals as well as serve as a source of in-depth information in their niche field. If people knew that their role models have had to overcome a great deal of adversity to reach the heights of success, it encourages them to work on their own dreams and not get easily discouraged when they face obstacles in their path.
3 Do you think the education system in your country influences young people’s behavior?
Yes. Our education system dictates the subjects and the way students learn. Every student I know tries to do well in Math, Science, Social Studies, and to a lesser extent – in English and the Arts; they even take after-school classes for some of the more challenging subjects to reinforce what they have learned at school. Not to mention – to cram for tests to get into their dream universities and colleges.
4 What types of person (parents, teachers, friends etc.) are best to influence young people’s behaviour?
I think parents can best influence young people’s behavior. Young people spend the most amount of time with their parents, from the time they were born until adulthood, while teachers and friends tend to change as students progress through different school grades. Parents also have more life experience than your peers, and they are generally closer to their children than teachers would be with their students.
5 What do you think young people will be most influenced by in the future?
I think young people will be most influenced by the media and social platforms. Even now, most young people I know spend more time online than they do interacting with their parents or friends in real life. This can have a positive effect because they are now able to reach out and connect with people around the world.
Here are the vocabularies for “Describe a Role model in your life” with examples:
- Proximity: nearness in space, time, or relationship
Eg: The railway station is in close proximity to the airport
- Emulate: imitate
Eg: She is trying to emulate her sister
- Adversity: a difficult or unpleasant situation
Eg: The adversity will pass soon.
Related Cue Cards:
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking tips
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- IELTS Speaking topics 2020
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions with Answers
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words