IELTS WRITING TASK 2
In some countries, using the internet in schools is getting more popular. In this a positive or negative development?
BAND 8.0 + SAMPLE ANSWER
As national barriers are slowly being broken down through trade, integration, and technology, various organisations in society are being influenced especially by the internet. Nowadays practically all academic institutions are connected. The answer to the question whether this is a beneficial or detrimental development is discussed in further detail below.
On the one hand there is ample evidence to suggest that the benefits of the internet are increasing, especially related to an academic environment. This is because when a school is connected they have faster access to more information, furthermore it can bestow increases in efficiency. For example, in certain schools across the UK, matters such as absenteeism, disciplinary procedures and general communication can be performed over the Internet through email. Therefore it is clear that being connected to the world wide web entails positive implications.
On the other hand, being connected to the internet has grave dangers and could even lead to an over reliance. This is due to the fact that undesirable facets of society have potential access to innocent children. Furthermore, getting the into habit of consulting ‘Google’ for answers may be argued as putting too much faith into the hand of technology companies. For example, due to modern marketing technique such as SEO and SEM, it is not difficult to tamper with search engine rankings. Therefore the over reliance on technology instead of traditional knowledge could be questioned.
To conclude, there are both negative and positive aspects to be considered, however due to the wealth of information and the conveniences that have been gained so far, I am strongly of the opinion that school internet connectivity is a positive development.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!