IELTS Writing Practice Test -10
Many people assume that the goal of every country should be to produce more materials and goods. To what extent do you agree or disagree that constantly increasing production is an appropriate goal?
- State your opinion clearly (whether you agree or disagree). Explain in brief what you are going to write in the body paragraphs.
- Paragraph 1: Two advantages of producing more materials and goods are that they generate wealth for all strata of society and pay more taxes to improve health and education.
- Paragraph 2: The consistent competition with other nations has created an urge to be more efficient and innovative in production while maintaining a better quality.
- Restate your argument or side. (whether you agree or disagree)
Globalisation has, undoubtedly, put a pressure on each country to be present in the race of upsurging productivity for enhancing the nations’ economic growth. Although it is positive to consistently strive to produce qualitative commodities, some people may argue that production shouldn’t be the ultimate goal. It is essential to think over the living standards of people along with their happiness besides accomplishing economic objectives. Keeping this in mind, I agree with the fact that a country should produce more products and materials. In the forthcoming paragraphs, I shall discuss it more.
To begin with, the economic status of a country defines its status of development in comparison to other countries in the world. With an increase in the living standards and technology, more resources will be needed to relish the developed infrastructure. Additionally, producing goods is a matter of avoiding extra costs and issues arising in transit, making countries more self-sustainable. For instance, an iPhone manufactured in the US and China costs double to India than the ones manufactured in the country. Thus, in-house production offers advantages to the empowerment and employment of the country.
Also, the consistent competition with other nations has created an urge to be more efficient and innovative in production while maintaining a better quality. Though the basic idea is to supply more, businessmen also want to expand to other countries to outsmart others’ products. This leads to a better establishment of a nation across the globe. Thus, the government must encourage in-house production.
However, at the same time, there should be controlled measures to decrease the negative effect of growing industries.
Thus, I agree that there should be more in-country production. To sum up, it is important to make the most out of resources to generate the needed products so as to consistently be better in the world.
- All strata of society
- Rich industrialists
- Opposite effect
- A variety of devious measures
- Evade paying tax
- Produce a consumerist mentality
- A simple equation
- The moral and spiritual life
- A compromise position
- Fair distribution of wealth
Every country should produce enough of everything that the country needs so it does not have to rely on imports. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
Also check :