IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Work and Career
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
The Essay Writing section of the IELTS Writing Module can be a difficult task for many IELTS Aspirants. Thus, it is vital that you polish your essay writing skills before attempting the IELTS.
Below is a sample IELTS Essay for the IELTS Essay topic:
Some people think that work is the most important thing in people’s life. Without the success of a career, life becomes meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
While it is argued that a distinguished career is regarded as the most pivotal thing in a person’s life, I firmly believe that there are other factors which can make people’s lives meaningful.
On the one hand, it cannot be denied that working plays a vital role in one’s life. According to an annual survey carried out in the UK, a person spends about 25 or 30 years on their occupation, hence working time accounts for nearly one-third of a person’s life. So if people obtain a worthwhile job that blooms, their lifetime is likely to be filled with human well-being. Additionally, the state of being stuck in an unsuccessful career might have a destructive influence on people’s spirits. Those with turbulent career or experience of job dissatisfaction could suffer from chronic stress and discouragement, which affects their mental and physical health adversely, as well as making them have a negative outlook on their lives.
On the other hand, I contend that there are more desirable goals rather than a successful career to attain in our life. A vast majority of people perceive a meaningful life as helping others living in poor and underprivileged conditions. They spend most of their lifetime devoting to charity work. Furthermore, there are other people who do not enter the workforce but seem satisfied with their lives. In some Asian countries such as Japan, dual-income families are not as common as that in Western nations. Take Japan as a telling example; men are often the breadwinners while women stay at home, take over the responsibilities related to household chores and childcare, which make them feel content as a well-established tradition.
In conclusion, while undoubtedly people can benefit enormously from a glittering career, there are still a lot of significant factors which might enable them to lead a happy life.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
In an extremely competitive and contending world that we are residents of, especially in the terms of success and growth, it is obvious for people considering a successful career to be a synonym of a fulfilled life. However, I find myself in contrariety to the very statement as one dynamic of life can’t define the wholesome purpose of it. In the forthcoming paragraphs, I shall be reflecting on the same.
Often people are found assuming materialistic things and subsets of life to be the only purpose of it, which is an extremely erroneous and flawed notion. An enriching job and the associated nuances of it for that matter is just one factor of a sound lifestyle that can’t compensate and rule out the other aspects and aspirations of one’s life. Social well being, physical fitness, emotional stability are a few of the broader categories of a conventionally presumed healthy lifestyle, and in such a scenario, catapulting one’s whole life in hounding up the capitals, as is evidently observed, corrodes one’s life, which gets culminated into realisation in the later stage of one’s life.
People involved in altruism and philanthropy often consider themselves to be substantially content and satiated with their life. Also, the anchorites and sages who neglect the extrinsic opulence of their life and inclined more towards the philosophical sea apparently enthral themselves, as they often alleged, in the true gist of life. Moreover, the wealthy households or individuals, successful in their career are often ostensibly pronounced to be thoroughly accomplished in all walks of life that might be true in some cases, are not necessarily happy in the core of their personal well being. Suicides, depression, anxiety, etc. are some of the evidential nemeses of dissatisfaction that one might be going through.
Although, good career, sound wealth, career aspirations and growth are important, encompassing life around a mono-subset is shallow lectured and a failed ideology and a snag for one’s wholesome journey.
Conclusively, ordaining one’s life unsuccessful and ignominious just by the definition of career curve is utterly wrong and unpragmatic.
- Lifetime (noun) the period of time when someone is alive
- Distinguished career (phrase) successful career
- Carry out (phrasal verb) conduct
- Account for (phrasal verb) supply or make up a specified amount or proportion of
- Human Well-being (phrase) is understood as a a state of health, happiness and/or prosperity
- A dual–income family (phrase) a family that gets money from two separate incomes
- Take something/someone as a telling example (phrase) Consider something/someone as a strong, important example
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- The Spread Of A Global Language Such As English Will Threaten National Languages
- Some People Believe That Living In Big Cities Is Becoming More Difficult
- In Cities and Towns All Over The World The High Volume of Traffic Is A Problem
- Some People Think That The Range Of Technology Available To People Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor
- Organized Tours To Remote Communities And Other Countries Are Increasingly Popular
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Essay Topics
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Direct question essay
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors