IELTS Cue Card Topic:
Describe a language other than English that you would like to learn.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 72 – Topic: Describe an Bike/ Car Trip
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 71 – Topic: Describe an Advertisement
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 70 – Topic: Describe an Interesting Thing You Did
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 69 – Topic: Describe the Best Experience
You should say:
– what the language is
– where it is spoken
– what you think would be difficult
and what would be easy about learning the language and explain why you would like to learn it.
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
Learning a second language not only adds up your skills but also offers enormous benefits for your brain and personal growth. Additionally, being bilingual or multilingual expands your knowledge across the country’s border and provides you easy access to the understanding of other cultures. Therefore, beside English, Spanish sits high in my must-learn list due to its wide application and beautiful culture.
Needless to say, Spanish is one of the most spoken languages in the world and one of the six official languages used in United Nations conferences and statements. Spanish is spoken in most countries in South and Central America and in the US, over 50 million people are using Spanish either as their mother tongue or second language. As a result, knowing Spanish would absolutely widen your horizon, develop your sense of appreciation for Hispanic culture as well as transform your travel experience as who knows when you would bump into some Spanish friends on your adventure. Many have said that Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn thanks to its phonetic pronunciation and its similarity with English, in terms of vocabulary. However, it’s easier said than done. No matter how simple and intriguing that may sound, without full commitment and self-discipline, being able to speak Spanish would be a far-fetched idea. Therefore, in order to meet my goal and not to get demotivated along the way, I would have to find a learning partner and we would fight this tough war together.
Vocabulary & Useful expression
- application (n): practical use of something
- mother tongue (n): the language that you first learn to speak when you are a child
- appreciation (n): pleasure that you have when you recognize and enjoy the good qualities of somebody/something
- in terms of: used to show what aspect of a subject you are talking about or how you are thinking about it
- commitment (n): the willingness to work hard and give your energy and time to a job or an activity
- self-discipline (n): the ability to make yourself do something, especially something difficult or unpleasant
- far-fetched (a): very difficult to believe
- demotivated (a): feeling that it is not worth making an effort
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport - November 9, 2016
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 74 – Topic: Describe a Family Member - November 8, 2016
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 73 – Topic: Describe a Language - November 7, 2016