Describe an occasion you borrowed something from somebody
- What was it
- When did you borrow
- Whom you borrowed it from
- What you did with it
- Why you borrowed it
Last year I applied for a master’s degree because I wanted to further my education. I was accepted by one of the very prestigious universities, but didn’t have the money for the course.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people
The tuition was quite expensive and there was no installment plan available, so I had to pay it in one go. So I had no choice but to borrow some from my parents and promised to pay back this year.
As a result, I’ve been working pretty hard and have almost made enough money to repay the debt. Studying and working part-time at the same time isn’t easy, but I think that life is only meaningful if you always try to achieve a goal or overcome some difficulty.
I don’t think borrowing money is something bad either, as long as you keep your promise.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!