Describe an occasion you borrowed something from somebody
- What was it
- When did you borrow
- Whom you borrowed it from
- What you did with it
- Why you borrowed it
Last year I applied for a master’s degree because I wanted to further my education. I was accepted by one of the very prestigious universities, but didn’t have the money for the course.
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time when you solved a problem via the Internet
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample in 2019 – Topic: Describe something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topic in 2017 – Describe a shop just opened in your hometown
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
- IELTS Speaking Cue Card Sample 59 – Topic: A TV Program Inspires You
The tuition was quite expensive and there was no installment plan available, so I had to pay it in one go. So I had no choice but to borrow some from my parents and promised to pay back this year.
As a result, I’ve been working pretty hard and have almost made enough money to repay the debt. Studying and working part-time at the same time isn’t easy, but I think that life is only meaningful if you always try to achieve a goal or overcome some difficulty.
I don’t think borrowing money is something bad either, as long as you keep your promise.