Describe an occasion you when a home appliance broke down or stop working
You should say:
- IELTS Band 8 Sample: Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
- IELTS Band 8 Sample: Describe a free day off study or work
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
what the equipment was;
how it was broken;
how this affected your life;
and explain how you handled the situation.
I’m going to talk about one time when my washing machine stopped working. It was a few months ago. So, the machine had been working very well for almost 10 years; that was the first time that there was any problem with it.
Normally I just put my clothes in, pour some washing liquid and fabric softener, turn the machine on and leave it there for two hours. But this time when I came back to take the clothes out, I realized that they were still dry, unwashed.
I immediately called the company, and they sent a mechanic over in an hour. After examining the machine, he concluded that there wasn’t really any big problem; it was just that the filter bag was full of small rubbish like toothpicks and fabric accumulated over the years.
He patiently showed me how to take the bag out, wash it, then put it back in. The washing machine worked again perfectly. I gave him a five-star rating for this.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!