IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an age/stage you enjoyed mostly in your life.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 109 – Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 100 Topic: Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet
You should say:
- what the age/stage was
- what did you like to do back then
- who you enjoyed mostly back then
- and explain why you really like that age/stage.
When it comes to talking about the past, I am of the custom to talk about the year when I was 15 and in the last year of secondary school, as it is the time I enjoyed mostly in my life.
At that time, my friends and I had a really hectic schedule to prepare for entering high school. It was really a nerve-racking period of time when we was up to our eyes in assignments and revision. However, as all of my class mates enjoyed each other’s company so much and were so close to each other, we tried to share happy moments with each other as much as possible, in parallel with finishing all of our tasks at school. Because we didn’t have much spare time, we managed to capture our best moments in break time. Instead of going on a trip together, we shared with others every tiny things in our daily life, which helped connect our souls. Though that time was hard to us all, as we had been under a lot of pressure to be able to be admitted by high-ranked high school, the friend among us helped all of us relieve stress, lift up our spirits and recharge our energy to make concerted efforts to get into our desired schools. At the time, friendship was really the most wonderful thing to me.
Now, when we’re all grown-up and have to live a hectic life to make end meets, we still try to cement our relationship. Sometimes, we have a whale of a time in our reunions when taking a trip down memory lanes about those good old days, when we were carefree and so close to each others. Those memories are the most beautiful things we have had together, which helps build up our long lasting friendship until now.
- When it comes to (doing) something: Speaking about
- Be of the custom to V: likely to V
Ex: I am of the custom to talk about the past
- nerve-racking: making you very nervous or worried
- up to one’s eyes in something: to have a very large amount of something to do or deal with
- enjoyed each other’s company: to like spending time with someone
- in parallel with: do 2 things at the same time
Ex: We have to conduct the campaign in parallel with keeping goods available in all store.
- concerted: Deliberate and determined
Ex: Even if she did make a concerted effort to achieve a level of eloquence or originality inher work, she does not imagine that many readers would notice or care
- Make end meets: earn enough money to meed basic needs
- Cement one’s relationship: to make a relationship stronger
- have a whale of a time: to have an exciting or fun time; to have a big time
- take a trip down memory lane: To reminisce over memories of past events, especially happy ones
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!