Describe life in a particular period of history – IELTS Cue Card
Describe life in a particular period of history
You may say
- What is the age of historical era
- Description of that particular age.
- The characteristics and significance of that age
We have heard about the evolution of human civilization and about how humans changed their household lives from the stone age to the Iron age. There is a chronological chart for the evolution of humans. I want to describe all about one particular period, the Neolithic age. At this age, humans had learnt how to live a healthy and happy life.
During the Neolithic age(10,000-4,500 BCE), humans knew how to hunt animals with hunting tools, making fire tools, and domesticating animals. They started to make carts with wheels for agriculture and travel. In this period, they had got the idea to start their kingdom. Before the start of the Iron age, the contemporary Guptas had started their kingdom between (6000- 5000 BC). In the pre-Neolithic age, they started to make decisions to divide society into different classes. There were lower, upper, and lower-middle and upper classes. There is much archaeological evidence of the Neolithic age that we can see in museums. We can also get historical pieces of information from rock carvings and paintings on the walls of some famous architecture of the Neolithic age.
There were some main characteristics that we should remember about the development of the Neolithic age. Cultural advancement is one among them. Humans started to make pots and utensils with clay and mud; domestication and civilization were integral parts of civilization.
People of this age had first started to settle their communities in Anatolia and Mesopotamia, later in Europe.
- Chronology: the arrangement of events or dates in the order of their occurrence.
Eg: The chronological data is missing in this book.
- Archeological evidence: the past physical record of human prehistory and history, of why ancient civilizations prospered or failed, and why those cultures changed and grew.
Eg: “This archaeological evidence is very important “.
- Communities: a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
Eg: There are many communities in India.
- Civilization: the stage of human social and cultural development and organization that is considered most advanced.
Eg: The civilization of the stone era is not very clear…
Also check :