You can practice speaking, using these cue cards. This also includes vocabulary related to cue cards so that you can also practice the meanings of certain difficult words. If you frequently practice these cue cards you can high band score for IELTS examination.
IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2 :
Describe an article you read in a magazine or on the internet about healthy living.
You should say :
- what the article was about
- where you read it (which magazine or website)
- and explain what you learned/thought from the article
Band 9.0 Sample Answer :
Recently I came across an interesting article on the internet about the benefits of drinking warm water with lemon in the morning. The name of the website is bodyandsoul.com.au.
You would normally think that lemon water is just one kind of drink that helps keep your body hydrated, however, it gives you, many other benefits that you can‟t imagine. – The article says that if you build up a habit of kicking off your day with a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon, you will do your body and mind a great favour.
Firstly, lemon juice is a great source of Vitamin C, thus it helps boost your immune system in fighting off colds and flu. Moreover, lemons are great for combating skin ageing because they are rich in antioxidant properties. Lemon also helps clean our urinary tract and detoxify our livers. The list of benefits doesn’t end there. The high level of potassium in lemons can help brain and nerve functioning and control blood pressure. Lemon water can also ward off stress and depression, which have been linked to low levels of potassium. As a result, the article suggests if you continue drinking warm water with lemon first thing in the morning for at least 21 consecutive days, you will notice the difference in your skin and general health immediately.
- hydrated: [adjective] capable of absorbing or taking in water.
Example: In hot weather, keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- build-up: [phrasal verb] to develop.
Example: In business, it is important to build up a good relationship with customers.
- kicking off your day: [verb phrase] starting your day [like starting a football match by kicking the ball]
Example: Kick off your day with a good breakfast, before you go to school.
- boost your immune system: [verb phrase] to make your body stronger, to help it fight against illness.
Example: A healthy diet of fruit and vegetables, combined with exercise and sleep, will boost your immune system by making your body strong.
- fight off: [phrasal verb] to resist – in this case, illness.
Example: The soldiers fought off the enemy attack.
- ageing: [noun] the process of becoming old.
Example: There are some skincare products that claim to stop the ageing process.
- antioxidant: [adjective] removing harmful substances from the body.
Example: Vitamin C has antioxidant properties, so it is good to have it in your diet to prevent illness.
- urinary tract: [noun] the part of the body through which waste liquid passes.
Example: If you have pain when you go to the toilet, it may be a symptom of an infection of your urinary tract.
- detoxify: [verb] to remove harmful or poisonous substances, in this case from your liver.
Example: As harmful substances can build up during the night, you can clean your liver and detoxify it by drinking lemon water in the morning.
- ward off: [phrasal verb] to protect or defend yourself against illness or danger.
Example: She put up her hands to ward off her attacker.
Also check :