IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2:
Describe a product you bought that you were happy with.
You should say:
what you bought
(when and) where you bought it
why you bought it and explain why you were happy with it
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 52 – Topic: A Special Toy
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 50 – Topic: A Meal You Had With Your Friends
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 48 – Topic: A Goal that You Have
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 46 – Topic: local news people interested in
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 – Topic: A TV Program that Made You Laugh
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER 1:
It was last summer that I bought a new yogurt maker and I am very satisfied with it.
This machine is quite small and fits conveniently into my kitchen. Interestingly, it looks like a cooker with six glasses inside. And the most important thing is that it is very easy to use. You just have to pour the mixture of ingredients to make yogurt into these glasses, turn the yogurt maker on and leave it for a few hours. Then, you will have delicious home-made yogurt. Thanks to the simple instructions, I can make yogurt for my whole family any time I want. As yogurt is good for our health, eating it daily can make people healthier, it can help to prevent some potentially fatal diseases and boost the human immune system. Therefore, the members of my family have all adopted the habit of eating yogurt every day.
Owning a yogurt maker helped me to cut down considerably the amount of time that it took to make yogurt, not to mention the higher quality as opposed to the traditional method. At present, I still make yogurt every day for my family with this machine and I think that this is an indispensable product for preparing an essential part of our regular diet.
fits: [verb] is the right shape and size for something. Example: This jacket fits me perfectly, but those shoes don‟t fit at all.
pour: [verb] to make a liquid flow from a container. Example: Pour some milk into my glass, please.
potentially: [adverb] used to say that something may develop into something. Example: Smoking will not kill you immediately, but it is potentially harmful for your health.
fatal: [adjective] causing or ending in death. Example: Police were called to a fatal accident, in which 3 people were killed.
immune system: [expression] the system in your body that helps it fight agains infection and disease. Example: A strong immune system is necessary to remain fit and healthy.
adopted the habit: [expression] started to use a particular method of doing something. Example: Last month, my friend adopted the habit of running for one hour every day in order to keep fit.
cut down: [phrasal verb] reduce the amount, size or number of something. Example: I should cut down my working hours and spend more time just relaxing.
indispensable: [adjective] too important to be without it Example: A good dictionary is indispensable for learning a foreign language.
BAND 9.0 SAMPLE ANSWER 2:
Last summer, I bought a Nokia smart phone that I was really satisfied with. My cell phone was the latest product from Nokia, so there were various useful applications such as video calling, emails, games, music players, and so on. I intended to use this smart hone to listen to music, make phone calls, send messages and check emails. I must say that this portable device helps me a lot no matter where I am.
There were numerous reasons why I took an interest in this product. Firstly, I wanted to use it for entertainment purposes. I could refresh myself after a hard day‟s work by enjoying music or watching reality shows on the Internet. Moreover, thanks to this smart phone, I was ble to keep in touch with my old friends whom I could not meet in person regularly. Besides, his mobile phone helped me to handle my workload effectively. For example, I could check mails when waiting for the bus, which saved a lot of time.
As a final point, I would emphasize that I chose the mobile phone myself. That was the main reason why I felt so happy with this product.
portable device: [noun] an object that is easy to carry or to move. Example: A lot of people on my flight were using portable devices, such as their laptops, during the journey.
took an interest in: [expression] wanted to know more about the product. Example: My parents took an interest in my grades at school, because they wanted me to go to university.
entertainment: [noun] for interest and amusement. Example: The local newspaper gives news about entertainment, with information on all the latest films, music, shows and events in our city.
refresh myself: [verb] make myself feel less tired and stressed. Example: After work, I usually refresh myself with a shower and a hot drink.
reality shows: [noun] shows that use real people [not actors] in real situations, in order to provide entertainment. Example: Reality shows like „Big Brother‟ are very cheap to make, because there are no actors to pay.
handle my workload: [expression] manage the amount of work that I have to do. Example: The company has paid me for some extra hours to handle my increased workload.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!