IELTS CUE CARD 61
Describe your favorite song. You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 74 – Topic: Describe a Family Member
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 71 – Topic: Describe an Advertisement
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 70 – Topic: Describe an Interesting Thing You Did
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 69 – Topic: Describe the Best Experience
– What is the song about?
– When did you first hear the song?
– Why is it your favorite?
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
Honestly speaking, for the most part, I would probably say that I have a great passion for listening to music and indeed I have listened like thousands of songs so far. However, if I have to pick out a song that I like the most, I would probably choose the song Million Years Ago by Adele. By gorgeous lyrics and melody, it’s like a piece of cake for Adele to make me addicted to this song. A significant feature that I should mention is the song’s meaningful content. It is a regretful calling inside an adult who has born his soul on the way of growing up and earning his stripes. Every now and then I feel he is so desperate that he could do anything to escape the cycle of his life but after all he can’t afford to do so. The reason why I am so fond of this song has something to do with the fact that it provokes so many beautiful memories from my childhood. Although this song is a sad song, it opens my eyes to many things in life, one of them is that you should not take anything for granted, even the simplest one, try to live to your fullest so that one day you would not have to regret that much about the journey that you have been through. Fairly speaking, Million Years Ago is a really good songs for self – reflecting especially when you find yourself lost in the super busy world nowadays.
- Passion (n): strong and intense emotion, love
- Pick out (phrasal verb): to choose
- Piece of cake (idiom): something very easy
- Be addicted to something (expression): be devoted to a particular activity or thing
- Calling (n): a strong urge to a particular way of life
- Earn someone’s stripes (idiom): Do something to show you deserve a particular rank or position
- Every now and then (expression): occasionally, from time to time
- Provoke (v): stimulate or give rise to something
- Open one’s eyes to Something (idiom): make someone understand something
- Take something for granted (idiom): fail to properly appreciate ST
- Reflect (v): think deeply and carefully about something.
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!