IELTS CUE CARD 62
Describe a vehicle you would like to own or something expensive you would like to buy. You should say:
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 111 – Topic: Describe an unusual/ an unforgettable meal
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Australia – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 110 with Audio – Topic: Something you learned in a place or from someone
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in the UAE – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
- What it is?
- Why do you want to own it?
- When are you going to buy it?
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
Regarding the fact that I am crazy about exploring the spaces, I have to say if I was a billionaire and had an enormous amount of money, I would probably buy a spaceship for my own exploration adventures. The main reason accounting for this intention is that ever since I was a kid, I have always held a strong yearning for becoming an astronaut. Therefore, having my own personal spacecraft would give me the opportunity to fulfill my childhood’s dream. There is a myriad of purposes for my spacecraft, one of them is that I would use my spacecraft to visit other planets in the outer space and maybe one day I could find a habitable place for people. This certainly would be a great discovery for human being especially when The Earth is currently flooded by trash and contaminants. In addition, since photography is one of my hobbies, it would be fantastic to take pictures of different celestial bodies from the space. Although this may sound crazy, I think with remarkable innovations in science, a spacecraft would become affordable for people in the years to come.
- Regarding to (exp): about
- crazy about (a): like something very much
- Enormous (a): huge, very large
- Account for (phrasal verb): explain
- Yearning (n): a feeling of intense longing for something
- Fulfill (v): to complete, to achieve
- A myriad of something (exp): a huge number/ amount of something
- Habitable (a): suitable or good enough to live
- Contaminant (n): pollutants
- Celestial (a): positioned or relating to the sky\
- Remarkable (a): striking, worthy of attention
- Affordable (a): inexpensive, reasonably priced.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016