IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Some people believe that anyone can create art such as painting, poetry, music and so on. Others think that a person should have special abilities to create art. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in December, 2015 & Band 9.0 Cause/Solution Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
Band 9.o Model Essay:
Art is a diverse range of creative activities that express the creator’s imaginations. Naturally one can assume, to create art all you need is a good imagination. However, some others believe that you need to learn special skills to become an artist. This essay shall discuss both the views in detail.
Any person with a creative vision and ingenuity can create art forms such as writing poetry, painting, or composing a song or two. Drawing up a mental picture of your feelings and expressing them effectively on paper will make you an artist. For example some people are sometimes driven by longing or grief for someone, which makes them spill their feelings out in a song or a painting. This is why people feel that creating art is not that hard and can be attempted easily.
On the contrary, there are people who firmly opine that without learning how to express creatively, imagination alone cannot help one become an artist. It requires years of training for people to become great artists. To become a musician for instance, one needs to learn all the fundamentals of rhythms and melodies; to play a guitar one needs to learn all the right chords. It doesn’t help if your imagination is vivid; you need to know the correct technique of expressing the same to distinguish your creation from the ordinary mediocrities.
To conclude, I’d like to say that as easy as it sounds, creating art is definitely not a piece of cake. Sure, one might be innate in some art forms, but enhancing that skill is very important to create masterpieces.
p style=”text-align: right;”>(266 words, written by Devanshi Shah)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!