IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject. What are causes? And what will be effects on society?
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in December, 2015 & Band 9.0 Cause/Solution Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
Band 8.5 Sample Essay
In several parts of the world, there is currently a lack of students choosing to study science in universities and colleges. This problem happens due to some reasons, and it can have some adverse impacts on society.
There are several reasons why fewer university students are choosing science as their major. Firstly, these subjects are usually more difficult and demanding, which requires students to put much effort into their study. For example, my friend who is doing a course in Biology said that he had to conduct too many experiments and complete numerous projects, which prevented him from having any free time. As a result, science subjects seem to be less attractive to students compared to economics or business-related subjects. Secondly, as there are currently fewer employment opportunities available for graduates in science fields, learners are less likely to decide to select these majors. Instead, they tend to choose other subjects which allow them to find jobs more easily.
A shortage of learners in science fields can result in some negative effects. The first impact is that when fewer students decide to learn about science, there would be a serious shortage of employees working in these fields. This would lead to fewer technological developments, which would also prevent improvements in people’s life quality. For instance, it would be difficult for humans to produce newer smart phones with better functions. Additionally, while a significantly increasing number of students are choosing economics and business to study, the number of job vacancies in these areas is limited. Therefore, many university graduates would have to face unemployment, which increases burden on society.
In conclusion, the shortage of students choosing science subjects is caused by several factors, and this problem might bring about serious impacts.
(290 words, by IELTS Teacher in Vietnam)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!