IELTS Writing Task 2
Some people think that people who choose a job early and keep doing it are more likely to get a satisfying career life than those who frequently change their jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is claimed that people embarking their career early and keep pursuing it for a long time are more likely to gain job satisfaction than those who usually switch their job. From my perspective, I firmly hold the view that though both trends may bring people job pleasure in different ways, being loyal to one position would make them more satisfied.
Borne employees have a propensity to change their job since they desire to find their real career passion which is integral to job satisfaction. After some time working in a company, those who find it monotonous to continue staying in the current position may change their direction. By doing this, they have ample opportunities to challenge themselves in different working environments, which afford them chances to build up their social network and a wide range of necessary job skills. For this type of employees, it is undeniable that a larger circle of network and skills acquirement bring them occupational pleasures.
However, I believe that the better opportunity of professional promotion by committing to one company is more preferable. Long-time employees can gain profound experience and trust from other colleagues, especially their superiors who could offer them opportunities to climb up on their career ladder. This promotion method is applied in countries with deep-rooted employment norms such as Korea and Japan, where employees get fixed career promotion path based on their working time and loyalty rather than outstanding performance. Professional advancement can not only secure employees better salary, allowing them to live a better life, but also help them earn the feelings of being highly esteemed. This is where job satisfaction commonly comes from.
In conclusion, although occupation switch stills offer employee benefits, I opine that people should be loyal to one organization for the professional promotion prospect which would bring them a satisfactory career and secure a better livelihood.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!