OET Exam Fees 2024: Know About the Rescheduling, Cancellation, and Remarking Fees!
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
The Occupational English Test (OET) is an English language test for healthcare professionals. It is used by over 100 countries to assess the English proficiency of healthcare workers who want to practice in their country.
The OET exam is divided into four subtests: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Each subtest is scored on a scale of 0 to 500, with a pass mark of 350 for most occupations.
OET Exam Fees in 2023
The OET exam fee for 2023 is $587 AUD. This includes a booking fee of $7 AUD which was previously $6 + GST. The fee is the same for all countries, regardless of where you take the exam. There are no concessions for students or other groups.
You can also choose to take only one or two subtests of the OET exam. The fees for individual subtests are as follows:
Changes to OET Exam Fees in 2023
There are no major changes to the OET exam fees in 2023. However, there are a few minor changes that you should be aware of:
- The booking fee for the OET exam has increased from $6 AUD to $7 AUD.
- The GST (goods and services tax) has been added to the OET exam fee for Australia and New Zealand.
How to Pay the OET Exam Fee?
You can pay the OET exam fee online using a credit card or PayPal. You can also pay by check or money order, but this must be done in Australian dollars.
When to Pay the OET Exam Fee?
You must pay the OET exam fee when you register for the exam. You can register for the exam up to 6 months in advance of the test date.
Rescheduling OET Exam
There might be certain situations where an individual isn’t able to take his/her exam. In those situations rescheduling helps to get some extra time in hand.
For the OET exam, an individual can reschedule his/her exam according to their suitability. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You can reschedule your exam up to two days before the start of your test.
- You can only reschedule your exam once.
- You will be charged a rescheduling fee of $7 AUD.
- You may not be able to reschedule your exam to a date or time that is already full.
To reschedule your exam, you will need to log into your OET account and follow the instructions. You will need to provide your original test date and time, as well as the new test date and time that you would like to reschedule. You will also need to pay the rescheduling fee.
If you have any questions about rescheduling your OET exam, you can contact the OET support team.
Here are the steps on how to reschedule your OET exam:
- Log in to your OET account.
- Click on the “My Exams” tab.
- Click on the “Reschedule Exam” button.
- Enter your original test date and time.
- Enter the new test date and time that you would like to reschedule to.
- Click on the “Reschedule Exam” button.
- Pay the rescheduling fee.
Your rescheduling request will be processed and you will receive an email confirmation. You can also check the status of your rescheduling request in your OET account.
Refunds and Cancellations Fee of OET Exam
Here is the information on the cancellation of the OET and the refunded amount:
- Cancellation fee: There is a $7 AUD cancellation fee for any cancellation.
- If you cancel your exam more than 60 days before the test date, you will receive a full refund of your exam fee, minus the cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your exam less than 60 days but more than 14 days before the test date, you will receive a partial refund of your exam fee, minus the cancellation fee. The amount of the refund will be based on how close to the test date you cancel.
- If you cancel your exam less than 14 days before the test date, you will not receive a refund.
Here is a table summarizing the refund policy for the OET exam:
|Date of cancellation
|More than 60 days before the test date
|A full refund, minus the cancellation fee ($7 AUD)
|Less than 60 days but more than 14 days before the test date
|Partial refund, minus the cancellation fee ($7 AUD). The amount of the refund will be based on how close to the test date you cancel.
|Less than 14 days before the test date
Remarking the OET subtests
For remarking on the OET subtests, the remarking can be requested within the time frame of 72 hours upon the announcement of the result. Each subtest has to be paid for a fee of AUD 120.
OET Exam Fees: A Wrap-Up!
The OET exam fee for 2023 is $587 AUD. This includes a booking fee of $7 AUD and GST. The fee is the same for all countries, regardless of where you take the exam. There are no concessions for students or other groups.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee that I have to pay for the OET registration for all the subtests?
If I want to reschedule the OET, what will be the fee incurred?
Will I get a refund in case I want to cancel the OET on paper?
Will I get a refund in case I want to cancel the OET on the computer at a venue and OET at home?
What will be the fee for remarking of the OET subtests?