IELTS Reading Multiple Choice Example 2
Sample Reading Passage:
|Martin Luther King was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia. He was the son of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Sr. and Alberta Williams King. He had an older sister, Willie Christine King, and a younger brother Alfred Daniel Williams King. Growing up in Atlanta, King attended Booker T. Washington High School. He skipped ninth and twelfth grades and entered Morehouse College at age fifteen without formally graduating from high school. From the time that Martin was born, he knew that black people and white people had different rights in certain parts of America.|
Choose the correct letter A-D from the question next to 1-5.
1.When and where was Martin Luther King born?
- April 4, 1968, Memphis, Tennessee
- January 15, 1929, Atlanta, Georgia
- November 21, 1933, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- March 23, 1925, Ulm, Germany
2. How many siblings did Martin Luther King have?
- Three siblings
- One sibling
- Two siblings
- None of the above
3. Which school did Martin Luther King attend?
- Booker T. Washington High School
- The Galloway School
- Carver High school
- Warren T. Jackson School
4. Which grades did Martin Luther king skip to enter college?
- 6th & 11the grade
- 10th & 7th grade
- 9th & 12th grade
- 8th and 12th grade
5.What did Martin Luther King know from the beginning of his birth?
- Different rights for black & white people in America
- Black people deprived of education rights in America
- No rights for black people to vote in America
- Couldn’t understand why white people were treated better than the black people
Explanation For The Answers:
|For the first question, the answer is given on the first line: Martin Luther King was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia. So, the answer is “B. January 15, 1929, Atlanta, Georgia.
For the second question, the answer is given on the second and third line, which says Martin Luther King had an older sister and a younger brother. So, the answer is” C. 2 Siblings”.
For the third question, the answer is in the fourth line: Martin Luther King did his schooling at Booker T. Washington high school in Atlanta. So, the answer is “A. Booker T. Washington High School.”
The answer is in the fourth line for the fourth question: Martin Luther King skipped 9th & 12th grade and entered college. So, the answer is “C. 9th & 12th grade”.
For the fifth question, the answer is in the sixth line: from the beginning of his birth, Martin Luther King knew that there were different rights for the black and white people in certain parts of America. So, the answer is “A. Different rights for black & white people in America.”