IELTS Reading – True, False, Not Given – Example 4
The IELTS Reading True False Not Given Question is one of the most commonly asked questions in the IELTS Reading test. Here, the applicant is required to read the passage carefully and assess if the supplied statement is true, false, or not given at all.
Sample Passage :
|All dinosaurs, whether large or small, quadrupedal or bipedal, fleet-footed or slow-moving, shared a common body plan. Identification of this plan makes it possible to differentiate dinosaurs from any other types of animal, even other archosaurs. Most significantly, in dinosaurs, the pelvis and femur had evolved so that the hind limbs were held vertically beneath the body, rather than sprawling out to the sides like the limbs of a lizard. The femur of all dinosaur hull a sharply in-turned neck and a halt-shaped bead, which slotted into a fully open acetabulum or hip socket. A supra-acetabular crest helped prevent dislocation of the femur. The position of the knee joint, aligned below the acetabulum, made it possible for the whole hind limb to swing backward and forwards. This unique combination of features gave dinosaurs what is known as a “fully improved gait.” Evolution of this highly efficient method of walking also developed in mammals, but among reptiles, it occurred only in dinosaurs.|
|1.The dinosaurs were known as “fully improved gait.”
2. Archosaurs and dinosaurs are of the same species.
3. The evolution of walking evolved in all the reptiles and in humans.
4. The dinosaurs’ hind limbs are sprawling out of the sides like the limbs of a lizard.
5. It is the knee joint position aligned below the acetabulum that makes it possible for the entire hind limbs to swing back and forth.
|1.The dinosaurs were known as “fully improved gait” – True
2. Archosaurs and dinosaurs are of the same species – Not given
3. The evolution of walking evolved in all the reptiles and in the humans – False
4. The dinosaurs’ hind limbs are sprawling out of the sides like the limbs of a lizard – False.
5. It is the knee joint position aligned below the acetabulum that makes it possible for the entire hind limbs to swing back and forth – True.
Explanation of the Answers:
|For the first question, it is given in the passage that the dinosaurs had a unique combination of features that allowed their hind limbs to swing backward and forward. And so, the statement is True.
For the second question, it is not given anywhere in the passage that Archosaurs and dinosaurs belong to the same species. Thus, the statement is Not Given.
For the third question, it is clearly mentioned in the passage that the evolution of a highly efficient walking method was developed in mammals and only in the dinosaurs in the reptiles. So, the statement is false. Here, Evolve refers to develop, and humans come under mammals.
For the fourth question, it is given in the passage that the hind limbs of the dinosaurs are vertically beneath the body because of the evolved femur and pelvis, and they don’t sprawl out like the sides of a lizard. So, the statement is False.
For the fifth question, it is mentioned that the position of the knee joint aligned below the acetabulum makes it possible for the whole hind limbs of the dinosaurs to swing backward and forward. So, the statement is True. Here, Whole refers to Entire, and Backward & forward refers to back and forth.
Post your Comments
Posted on Sep 1, 2021
I have confusions with the answers of True/False and NG of this passage(Dinosaurs). Please review the answers you have posted there it seems like some of them are wrong.