IELTS Material Resources – Writing Task 1 Topic 23:
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 12 – Table
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The bar graph indicates sales figures for reading materials from 2002 to 2012.
Write a report to a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
Write at least 150 words
The graph shows the changes in the sales of four different types of publications for a decade since 2002.
In general, all the given categorise except hobbies book showed a rising trend in the sales over the period. The sales of history books were the highest while those of art books were the lowest.
In particular, the sales of the biggest sellers, history books, experienced an overall growth during the period. The sales were around 4500 copies in 2002, and then reached a peak of 10000 in 2008. Although the figure dropped slightly after then, history books remained the greatest sellers with around 9000 copies sold in 2012.
The sales of art books and entertainment books showed a similar pattern of a steady growth. The figure for art books increased slowly from around 1500 copies in 2002 to just under 4000 in 2012 while that for entertainment books went through a moderate rise from approximately 1300 copies in 2002 to 3000 in 2012.
On the other hand, the last category, hobbies book, did not show an upward trend. The sales of hobbies book showed the lowest sales figures, and the figure generally remained constant at between 500 and 700 copies.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016