IELTS Speaking Part 1
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about the part of your country where you live
Well, it’s located in the south of the city so it isn’t as noisy as the downtown area. My living area has lots of trees and parks so I feel really comfortable when living in my hometown.
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) & Sample Answers – Topic: Health
- IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in January 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in Jan 2018 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking test in India – January 2018 with Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2017 & Band 9 Sample – Topic: Happy Marriage
– What do you like about the place where you live?
I think it’s a peaceful and tranquil place, which always gives me peace of mind. The people in my hometown also have a strong sense of community. They live close together and always give others a hand when they are in need.
– How was your first day at high school?
Well, the first day at high school left an profound impression on me. It was the first time I rode a bike to my high school which is 3km from my house. Also, I met 2 new friends at the same class and from then on they became my best friends forever.
– Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
I had so many favorite teachers so it’s a bit difficult to pick one. But I would say my math teacher in high school was the one who had the most influence on me in a positive way. Math used to be my least favorite subject but he had his own way of making the lessons fun and engaging. He was definitely my go-to teacher whenever I got a math problem.
– Have you ever been a teacher?
I have some experience tutoring my two brothers in English, if that counts as teaching. Both of my brothers used to be afraid of this subject and find it “dry, difficult and dull”. I had to spend a lot of time persuading them otherwise. Every evening I would spend one or two hours helping them out with their homework and talk to them in English.
– Would you like to work as one?
I find the idea very attractive, to be honest. You know, in my country, teaching is considered one of the most noble professions and those who teach get so much respect in our society. It would take a lot of patience and skills to work with children, though. I’m not exactly a patient person or someone who’s patient enough with kids.
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Talk about a car trip that you took. You should say
- Where did you go?
- What was the purpose of the trip?
- Who was there with you?
- Why do you still remember this trip?
A bicycle, motorbike or car trip you would like to go on in the future
You should say:
- Where you would like to go
- How you would like to go there
- Who you would like to go with
- And explain why you would like to go there by car, motorbike or bike
There is a thing that troubles me more often than not when living in [___] is the majority of people are riding motorbikes rather than cars. As a result, most people don’t know how to drive a car, I included, which also itches me since I have always wanted to take a road trip across the country. A road trip by car from the south to the north of my country would be tough and adventurous because hundreds of marvelous destinations are awaiting to be explored. However, it is worth taking risks and stepping out of your comfort zone to truly experience what life has to offer when your legs can still carry you rather than to regret in your later life.
“If you wanna go fast, go alone. If you wanna go far, go together.” It might be fun if you were a lone traveler and didn’t enjoy getting lagged behind your schedule. Still, the adventure could be more colorful and unexpected, hopefully in a good way, when you got company, especially during a long journey like the one I prefer. Hence, picking up a close friend or two who share the same vision, the same eagerness to capture the beauty of nature would be my choice. We would start from the south where we are living and move north on the go, stopping at our favorite beaches a little longer than other places because there ain’t nobody don’t have time for juicy coconuts and white sand paradise. Traditional cuisine would also be our utmost priority whenever we reach a new place as the best way to live like a local is to eat like a local. A car is our best choice because it would give us room to comfortably converse with each other and shelter from inclement weather during our journey, if any. It is not only about the destinations but also about the time I would love to spend with my dear friends as we would share the same space in a four-wheel vehicle along the road; and at the end of the day, it’s the people that matters.
Vocabulary & Useful Expression
- more often than not: usually
- take risks: to do something that might be dangerous
- have to offer: have something available to be used or appreciated
- get lagged behind: get fallen behind
- cuisine (n): style of cooking
- utmost (a): greatest; most extreme
- inclement (a): (of the weather) not pleasant; cold, wet, etc.
- at the end of the day: in the end, finally
- shelter (v): protect or shield from something harmful, especially bad weather
IELTS Speaking Part 3
– How often do you travel by car?
– How good is the transportation system in your country?
– How can it be improved?
– Do you think doing so will reduce pollution?
– If the transportation system were improved, would more people use it?
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Test in the United Arab Emirates – January 2018 & Sample Answers - January 31, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2018 – Topic: Rain with Model Answers - January 30, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Test in Jan 2018 & Sample Answers - January 29, 2018