IELTS TASK 1 – TABLE
The table below gives information on visitor statistics for 1996,1998 and 2000 for 1996,1998 and 2000 for various World Heritage sites in Australia.
The table compares the number of visits to five different World Heritage sites in Australia in three years 1996, 1998 and 2000.
Overall, the visitor numbers to Central Eastern Rainforest Reserve and Macquarie Island experienced a slight fall while an upward trend was seen in the figures for the other sites during the given period. It is readily apparent that Great Barrier Reef was the top tourist attraction whose popularity increased dramatically, in contrast to the smallest yet declining number recorded for Macquarie Island.
1,670,000 visits were made to Great Barrier Reef in 1996. This figure then doubled to reach 3,200,000 visitors in 2000. Undergoing a similar upward trend but at lower rates,the number of travelers to Blue Mountains and Tasmania Wilderness experienced a gradual rise from 526.000 to 581.000 and from 450,000 to 483,000 in order. Shark Bay attracted 84,000 visitors. In 1996, whose figure increased significantly to 102,000 tourists, followed by a drop of 13,000 in 2000.
By contrast, Central Eastern Rainforest Reserve welcomed 20,000 visits fewer every two years from 810,000 to 770,000 between 1996 and 2000. This site was still one of the top two attractions while Macquarie Island remained the least preferred World Heritage site in Australia with an average of 330 visits every year.
[212 words, written by Han Ngo]
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!