You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Sample Eassay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 16 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 24 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
The table below gives information about rail transport in four countries in 2007.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
|Country||Number of People using rail transport (not including metro)||Passenger kilometres per head of population||Cargo carried (billions of tons)|
The table shows details for four countries concerning the percentage of the population who use the railways, how many kilometres each person travels on average, and the number of tons of cargo the railways carry.
What is surprising is that very few Americans use rail- less than half of one per cent- and they do not travel far (just 80 kilometres). However, the Canada carries by far the most cargo, nearly 3 thousand billion tons. This contrasts greatly with China, where 27% of the population use rail, and they each travel further (1980 kilometres) than any of the other countries. On the other hand, less than 25 billion tons of freight is carried.
The two countries which are most similar are the Malaysia and UAE. Both have between 5 and 6% of people who use trains, they travel between 770 and 780 kilometres and the amount of freight is approximately the same (22.2 and 21.9 billion tons respectively).
In general it can be seen that while citizens of the Canada use rail transport the least, they transport the most amount of cargo by rail.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!