The table below gives information on internet use in six categories by age group. Describe the information in the table and make comparisons where appropriate.
Write at least 150 words.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
Internet activities by age group
|Buying a product||43||68||69||68||67||65||41|
|Searching for people||5||31||23||23||24||29||27|
Comparing activities, we can see that getting news is the most popular activity with users of all ages. At least 70% of people use the internet to get news.
Whilst 80% of teenagers play online games, this table drops to 54% of people in their twenties and 37% of people in their thirties. Online gaming reaches a low of 25% with people in their fifties and then increases in popularity with older people.
Downloads activity display a similar trend to internet games, but they are less popular in general and decline markedly with people over age 40. Only 6% of people over age 70 download.
Online Product research is made by over seventy percent of all people except for teenagers who do not research product. Product research peak in the forties age group, when almost three-quarters of people research for product in this way.
Buying a product online is equally popular with all internet users except those at either end of the age scale: teens and internet users age 70 or older. Searching for people online is done by between one-quarter and one-third of people depending on age, except for teenagers who make only five searches out of every 100.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2020 (Jan – Aug 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!