Callous – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Callous: (Adjective) /ˈkæləs/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
not caring that other people are suffering
Apathetic, Careless, Heartless
Caring, Sensitive, Concerned
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The company showed callous disregard for the safety of their employees.”
“We were shocked at the callous disregard for human life ”
For IELTS Writing:
“The press, in its callous, cynical way, was suspicious of the pro-gram at first and called it pure symbolism.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: isolated, topics, classics, dynamic, sole, adapt, couple, prohibits, finite, identical.
- Disney’s early cartoon features are now considered _______________ in the field of animation.
- I’ll be ready in a _______________ of minutes.
- Victoria has enacted a new bylaw which _______________ smoking in all public buildings.
- _______________ twins develop from the equal division of a fertilized egg.
- Our oil and gas reserves are _______________, so we must take steps to develop alternative energy sources.
- The _______________ economy of the U. S. is the envy of the world.
- The murderer’s _________ lack of remorse shocked the jury.
- After the birth of her little brother, Sophie was shocked to find that she was no longer the _______________ object of her parents’ affection.
- It has taken my family a long time to _______________ to the cold of Canada.
- The better your English language skills, the more you are able to talk about difficult _______________.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017