IELTS Writing Task 1 question:
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 18th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 28th July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 21st July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
Write at least 150 words
Task 1 plan:
- Introduction: paraphrase task heading
- summary paragraph – 2 major features
- oil production generally increased
- highest production in Saudi Arabia, lowest in Qatar
- describe figures for Saudi Arabia and contrast with Qatar
- compare the figures for the other 4 countries.
The bar chart illustrates the estimated amount of oil produced in 6 countries between 1990 and 2010, measured in millions of barrels per day.
Overall, oil production capacity tended to increase during this 20-year period. The figures for Saudi Arabia were significantly higher than in the other countries, while production was lowest in Qatar.
From 1990 to 2010, there was a significant increase in oil production in Saudi Arabia. In 1990, just over 8 million barrels per day were produced and this rose steadily, reaching a peak of over 14 million barrels per day in 2010. In contrast, the smallest producer was Qatar. Despite a slight increase in 2000, production in Qatar remained relatively stable at less than 1 million barrels per day.
The other countries saw a slight rise in oil production over the period. The estimated figure for Iran in 1990 was over 3 million barrels per day, compared with around 2 million barrels in the other three countries. Although production did not increase in 2000 in the UAE, the amount of oil produced peaked in 2010 in Iran at over 4 million barrels and at almost 4 million barrels in Iraq, Kuwait and the UAE.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017