Describe A Time You Needed to Use Your Imagination – IELTS Cue Card Sample 79
Describe a time you needed to use your imagination
You should say :
- what the situation was
- Why you needed to use your imagination
- What the difficulties were
- And explain how you felt about it
Here is the sample for “describe a time you needed to use your imagination” topic
I’d like to talk about the time when I made use of imagination. I was going to the bookstore that day and accidentally ran into the book titled “Maldives Beach”. The name caught my attention as my friends told me Maldives is the finest beach they have ever seen. The book looks like other travelling books with several sections talking about the local people and some tips to travel there. The more I read, the more interesting the book was. The book describes closely how local handicrafts were made and how skillful the local was. Although there weren’t any pictures, I could imagine the lotus statues or embroideries with riot of colors which are sold at the market everyday. The book allows me to transport myself into a special realm where I feel very comfortable and relaxed. However, I wish that the book could add more colorful pictures as I had to make the best of my imagination to visualize how the beach looked like. Though the book describes about the white sand, crystal water and range of coconut trees but i found it’s still hard to imagine. If this book had more pictures, I think it would be the best-seller travelling book. Maldives beach stimulates me to go travelling, step out of my comfort zone and discover new horizons so it’s definitely the best book for me.
Here are the vocabularies for “describe a time you needed to use your imagination” with examples:
- Make use of imagination: Use the power of imagination to visualize vividly
Eg: When Jane told me about her boyfriend, I had to make use of my imagination to know how her boyfriend looks like
- Run into: come across
Eg: I ran into him when I was crossing the street
- Catch somebody’s attention: to attract someone’s attention.
Eg: she wears a bodysuit to catch everyone’s attention
- Finest: of very high quality; very good of its kind.
- Eg: La Lasca restaurant is among the finest in my country
- Handicraft: activity involving the making of decorative domestic or other objects by hand.
Eg: pottery village makes lots of handicraft
- Skillful: possessed of or displaying skill
Eg: My sister is really skillful as she can make everything
- Embroidery: the art or process of forming decorative designs with hand or machine needlework.
Eg: this embroider was made by Thai people in the 19th century
- With a riot of colors: extremely colourful and bright
Eg: I love sitting in flower garden with riot of colors
- Transport myself into a special realm: Take one’s attention or concentration to a different domain
Eg: Reading book is the best way to transport ourselves into a special realm
- Make the best of something: to use something in an effective way.
Eg: due to the lack of water, we have to make the best of dirty water to clean the house
- Visualize: form a mental image of; imagine.
Eg: I can’t visualize how difficult this job is until I do it
- Best-seller: a book or other product that sells in very large numbers.
Eg: his cookery book is the best-seller in 2009
- Step out of somebody’s comfort zone: to come out of a comfort zone
- Eg: he advised me to step out of my comfort zone and challenge myself more
- Horizon: experience or knowledge.
Eg: traveling is the best way to widen your horizon
Also check :