IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe a situation that you got a little angry.
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 109 – Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 100 Topic: Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet
You should say:
- where it happened
- when it happened
- who you were with
- and why you felt angry?
Model Answer Band 8.0 from IELTS learner on ieltsmaterial.com
To be honest, I am a kind of good-tempered person. Usually, it’s hard for me to lose my temper. The most common reason for my anger is due to my hectic working schedule. I still remember that day when I had to take an airplane to meet an important client of our company, and the fact that I missed that plan made me nearly go mad.
Some weeks ago, I had to go on a business trip to X by airplane. The night before, I was so busy preparing that I was totally exhausted. As a consequence, I was deadly tired that I forgot to set my alarm clock, hence, it didn’t go off. By the time I woke up, I realized that it was just 2 hours before departure time. I was in a hurry to get to the airport in time. Unfortunately, on the way to get there, my car got stuck in a traffic congestion. I was told that there was a serious crash between 2 cars, thus, the police had to stop traffic flow to look into the accident. I had no choice but to join a queue of cars and call my client to cancel the meeting, but they wanted the meeting to go ahead as planned. At that time, I felt frustrated and powerless because I couldn’t do anything to change the situation. I could imagine the anger of my boss when he received that terrible news, which made me feel really stressed out. However, I finally managed to get out of that traffic jam, and be able to take the next flight after missing the first flight. I was late for the meeting but there was enough time for me to present a new project I had prepared and the client seemed to be quite satisfied with it.
Well, it was such an awful experience to me, but at the end of the day, I still made it. However, I really hope that I don’t have to cope with the similar situation down the road.
- lose one’s temper: get angry.
Ex: It’s often hard to make me lose my temper
- go off: ring (for alarm clock)
Ex: Every morning, my alarm clock is set to go off at 6 a.m
- look into: investigate
Ex: I wrote a letter of complaint, and the airline have promised to look into the matter.
- go ahead: proceed or be carried out
Ex: The party went ahead as planned.
- at the end of the day: ultimately; after all
Ex: t’s a generous offer, but at the end of the day, I have to choose the job that will be most beneficial for my family.
- down the road: in the future
Ex: I was asked to gather statistical data that could be useful down the road.
- make it: to achieve one’s goals | to arrive at a place or go to an event
Ex: She made it to the airport just in time to catch her plane.
IELTS Examiner’s Comment:
Overall, the answer is on the point, grammatically corrected with a good usage of vocabulary. Should be around Band 8.0.
- manage to link and organise her ideas well (It was such an awful experience to me, but at the end of the day, I still made it. However, I really hope that I don’t have to cope with the similar situation down the road.).
- use good discourse markers (well; to be honest) and basic linking words (connectives) (however; but; when)
- have a good, accurate use of vocabulary (lose temper, go off; go ahead, make it, at the end of the day, etc)
- Manage to say enough about all the topics easy to follow
- Use good and accurate complex structures, but there are still minor errors.
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic: Work/Job & Model Answers - April 7, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 Topic in 2018: Language & Model Answers - March 31, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 & 3 Topic in 2018: Daily Routine & Sample Answers - March 29, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!