Describe A Product Made In The Region You Come From Or A Popular Product From Your Hometown – IELTS Speaking Cue Card
Describe a product made in the region you come from or a popular product from your hometown.
You should say:
- What it is, how it looks like?
- What is it used for?
- How is it made?
- Explain why your country makes it?
- Explain why is it popular?
Knowing that India has a diversified culture and tradition, every single part of the country, whether a town or a village, conveys a disparate touch. Coming to my hometown, it is idolized because of different items, right from footwear to clothes and decor items.
Tourists use several products as souvenirs and buy decor items to gift each other. In terms of clothing, one of the most popular items is Phulkari. Delineating flower craft, it is customarily done on a cloth piece that varies in material, such as georgette, silk, and more.
Not just on clothing but in my hometown, Phulkari is even done on footwear. Incorporated in different colours, it generally has a gaudy look . Sometimes, to embellish the item even more, it is integrated with small mirrors.
When adorned on a long scarf, it is known as a Phulkari Dupatta. Different colours signify different occasions. For example, for newlywed brides, red dupatta is used. Generally, it is a wide and long piece that covers the head and shoulders. If needed, it can also be gifted to somebody.
In the olden days, it was handwoven, but now it is entirely machine-made. With varying embroidery techniques, it looks even more enticing. It’s a symbol of our tradition and holds importance in our region.
Somehow, it represents our legacy and keeps the tradition alive throughout generations and cultures.
- Disparate:people or things that are different from one another
Eg: After getting married, she had a tough time adjusting because of disparate culture.
- Idolized: to admire or love somebody
Eg:Famous personalities, such as actors and cricketers, are idolized in India.
- Souvenirs something kept as a reminder
Eg: I bought this showpiece as a souvenir from Japan.
- Delineating: to describe something in detail
Eg: When delineating the pros and cons of studying abroad, make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Gaudy: flashy
Eg:Her dressing sense is too gaudy.
- Embellish: decorating with ornaments
Eg: The weavers embellish clothes with hands.
- Weave: to make clothes with a thread
Eg:To weave something with your hand is a unique art.
- Enticing: attractive
Eg:The final version of your drawing looks enticing.
- Legacy: something that is shifted to offsprings from ancestors
Eg:My values and honesty are my legacy.
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking preparation tips
- IELTS Cue cards
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Pronunciation Guide
- Common English words in IELTS Speaking
- Ough words