IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.
Discuss both views and give your opinion
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 4 from Cambridge IELTS 6
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 3 from Cambridge IELTS 6
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 1 From Cambridge IELTS 6
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules
Identifying the essay type: Discussion + opinion essay (Discuss both views and give your opinion)
Structuring the essay:
– Sentence 1: Introduce the given topic about the difference in salaries between sport celebrities and other professions
– Sentence 2: Clearly and directly state my propensity for which side of the argument with one short and simple sentence (agree with people who think this is unfair)
– Paragraph 1: 2 reasons why some people think sport celebrities’ high salaries are justifiable.
Consistent hardwork and harsh training
Participation in local or international competitions to gain honor for their country.
– Paragraph 2: 2 reasons why others think it is unfair
Other professions which are indispensable and much more essential for society such as scientists or doctors. They are paid much less than sport celebrities despite their great contributions.
Sometimes sport stars might set a bad example or cause severe damage to the image of their country. All of those stars still receive huge payment and sponsorships, which is a sign of unfairness.
Restate my favorable side
Band 8.0 Sample Answer:
People have different views about the huge difference in salaries between sport stars and people of other professions. In my opinion, I would argue that it is unfair for people working in other fields.
On the one hand, some people have several reasons for their support for sport stars’ current salaries. Firstly, they believe that becoming a successful individual in the field of sports would require consistent hardwork and harsh training regulations. If those celebrities did not have considerable determination, their chance of worldwide acknowledgement would be fragile. Therefore, they truly deserve high salaries according to what they have to go through. Secondly, they represent their countries to participate in international competitions, such as the World Cup, to gain honor for their nations, which justifies their enormous earnings.
On the other hand, I would side with those who think that it is unfair for other people. Other professions such as scientists or doctors are indispensable and much more essential for social development and security. However, science or medical experts are paid much less than sport celebrities regardless of their great contributions to techonological advancement and health care. Furthermore, sometimes sport stars might set a bad example or cause severe damage to the image of their country. All of those stars still receive huge payment and sponsorships in comparison with that of scientists and doctors, which is a sign of unfairness.
In conclusion, I agree with people who think paying sport professionals much higher than those who silently make contributions to society is unreasonable.
– Consistent hardwork and harsh training regulations
– Considerable determination
– Worldwide acknowledgement
– Gain honor for
– Social development and security
– A sign of unfairness
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!