Cambridge IELTS 6 Test 2 Writing Task 2
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.
Discuss both views and give your opinion
Identifying the essay type: Discussion + opinion essay (Discuss both views and give your opinion)
Structuring the essay:
- Sentence 1: Give an introduction stating the difference in salaries between sport celebrities and people in other professions.
- Sentence 2: Decide which side of the argument you’re going to support. Write it in one simple sentence (agree with people who think this is unfair)
- Paragraph 1: 2 reasons why some people think sport celebrities’ high salaries are justifiable.
- Consistent hardwork and training
- Participation in local or international competitions and bringing laurels for their country.
- Paragraph 2: 2 reasons why others think it is unfair
- Other professions which are indispensable and much more essential for society such as Research or medicine. Those professionals are paid much less than sport celebrities despite their great contributions.
- Sometimes sport stars might set a bad example or bring down the image of their country. But they still receive huge payments and sponsorships, which is unfair.
Restate your argument or side.
Band 8.0 Sample Answer:
People have different views about the vast difference in salaries between sports stars and people in other professions. In my opinion, I would argue that it is unfair for people working in other fields.
On the one hand, many people justify sports stars’ current salaries. Firstly, they believe that becoming a successful individual in sports would require consistent hard work and vigorous training. If those celebrities did not have considerable determination, their chances of worldwide acknowledgment would have been less. Therefore, they truly deserve high salaries in terms of what they go through. Secondly, they represent their countries by participating in international competitions, such as the World Cup, and bring laurels for their nations, which justifies their enormous earnings.
On the other hand, I would side with those who think that it is unfair for people in other sectors to receive low salaries. Other professions, such as scientific research or medicine, are indispensable and much more essential for social development and security. However, science or medical experts are paid much less than sports celebrities, regardless of their outstanding contributions to technological advancement and health care. Furthermore, sometimes sports stars might set a bad example or bring down the image of their country. But they still receive huge payment sand sponsorships when compared to scientists and doctors, which is unfair.
In conclusion, I agree with people who think paying sport professionals much higher than others who silently contribute to society is unreasonable.
- Consistent hardwork
- Considerable determination
- Worldwide acknowledgement
- Win honour for
- Social development and security
- Totally unfair
Also check :