A fully updated edition of the best-selling Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary.
This paperback edition is ideal for advanced (C1-C2) learners of English and contains up-to-date vocabulary, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study. With over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, hundreds of pictures and illustrations, clear definitions and a new ‘Focus on Writing’ section, the dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion. Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and correlated to English Vocabulary Profile, it is also ideal for exam preparation. The CD-ROM contains the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English.
- Ideal for IELTS and Cambridge English: First, Advanced and Proficiency Exam Preparation
- Up-to-date vocabulary includes words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus improtant words for academic study
- Focus on Writing sections with all the essential aspects of academic, formal and informal writing
- Learners’ error information shows the most common errors made by learners of English, so that you can avoid making the same mistakes
- English Vocabulary Profile correction shows which words and meanings are known by learners at what level, so you can prioritize your vocabulary learning
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
It is one of the best dictionaries for learners that I have seen
Excellent! The true dictionary to everyone English learners. Sound and writing! Here You can understand the correct pronunciation of American and British English.
Exactly what I was looking for. The book and the CD are very good for advanced learners of English.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016
- Grammar for IELTS: Advanced Comparison for IELTS Writing to Get Band 7.5 or Higher - October 8, 2016