IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 132 Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 99 Topic: Art or craft activity you did at school
You should say:
- what it is
- when you first had this ambition
- why you had this ambition
- what you have done to achieve it
- and explain why you haven’t achieve it yet.
Well, fat belly is always of the top concerns of all women in this whole world, and I am not of an exception. So, for the last 3 years, when my belly becomes fatter and fatter, I would like to take some physical exercises to get toned and make my body into good shape, looking for a prospect of getting a slim body, which would definitely make others green with envy.
I’ve planned to achieve this objective carefully. I asked my friends, who are in physical training courses, for advice on which kind of exercises I should take. I carried out some research, too. Then, I found out that I should practice squat, and sit-up. I installed an app in my mobile phone, which helped me keep track of my practice and give me some certain advice provided by professional trainer.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t persist in this practice for too long as in the first day, I was so eager that I practice squat too much, which caused muscle’s tension. Thus, I had to rest for some days after, which lowered my motivation. Finally, after those days, I gradually gave up on my practice and my belly continued to grow. Admittedly, it was really a shame to me as I thought I could achieve that goal.
- be not of exception: similar to or belong to that group
Ex: Everyone like cakes and I am not of the exception
- green with envy: jealous with…
Ex: Girls are likely to be green with envy with the others who are more beautiful
- keep track of: to make certain that you know what is happening or has happened to someone or something
Ex: My sister has had so many different jobs, it’s hard for me to keep track of what she’s doing.
- Persist in (doing) something:
Ex: She really
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like - September 8, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 106 – Topic: Describe a restaurant you like(to go to)/ that impresses you. - September 6, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 132 Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager - June 7, 2017