This book provides essential practice for IELTS students who are determined to achieve a high IELTS band score in less than 2 weeks.
- 1 Introduction to IELTS Reading Practice PDF
- 2 IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Jan - May 2020 with Answers
Introduction to IELTS Reading Practice PDF
You have certainly practiced a great deal to prepare for your actual test. You have also been exposed to a rich variety of materials and have familiarised yourself with the format of the IELTS test. This book, therefore, doesn’t aim to load you with the practice materials, but it will sum up the main points to enable you to work out an effective plan to finally achieve a high score in your IELTS reading test.
IELTS General Reading Practice Test
In the IELTS general reading practice test, 1 hour will be given to finish the three sections of the test. there will be 40 questions and each answer for the question will carry 1 mark. if you are taking IELTS General reading practice test online then you need to carefully switch through all the three sections, so that there is no interruption while taking the test. If you are thinking to take a test offline, then you need to download the sheet with the questions and a blank sheet in order to write the answers.
IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Jan - May 2020 with Answers
IELTS Reading Actual Tests & Suggested Answers written by IELTS teachers aims to help IELTS candidates perform at their best on the big day.
IELTS ACADEMIC READING PRACTICE TEST
IELTS Academic reading practice test is the same as the IELTS General reading practice test. Even here the test will be of 60 minutes and has 40 questions, every answer for the question contains 1 mark. In this practice test, the test reading is related to the issues which are appropriate to the candidates who are going to enter under graduation or post-graduation. Some of the passages will have a logical argument and some of them have non-verbal materials like graphs, tables, charts and so on. In some cases where there are technical terms, vocabulary is provided in order to understand it. There are also various reading materials regarding the IELTS examination, you can browse through the various websites.
IELTS READING TEST
IELTS Reading is the second part of the IELTS test, where 60 minutes are given in order to read 3 to 4 passages, and the difficulty level of the passages keeps on increasing. It is mainly used to asses the English speaking skills of the candidate. Both the Academic test as well as the General training test are graded equally or at the same level. There are various IELTS reading articles through which you can score really well in the IELTS reading test. All the tests are been reviewed again and again and there are several IELTS samples through which you can improve your IELTS scores. Also you can register for IELTS Academic Test after referring IELTS Reading practice papers.
The IELTS master reading is a module that helps the candidates to achieve the best possible score in the reading test by developing the skills and also helps in improving the vocabulary and English language. It also helps to know the different question types of reading tests.
IELTS READING TIPS/ IELTS READING STRATEGIES
To know more about how to score a high band in IELTS examination you can go through these simple tips below:
- You don’t have to understand each and every word which is in the passage. If you are not able to understand a particular word you need to look at the other words around it which may give you an idea about the particular word.
- Before focusing on improving your IELTS skills, you have to try to improve your reading skills. You should practice reading the English language and try to understand the vocabulary.
- More than a reading test, its a vocabulary test where more than your reading speed your vocabulary is tested.
- Practice IELTS reading slowly as well as quickly, keeping the exam in mind. You are expected to focus on the mistakes and find out why is the mistake taking place and improve it.
- Do not leave any of the questions blank, if you do not know the answer give an attempt to solve it.
IELTS Practice Reading Images
The good starting point for anyone taking the IELTS. Nicely divided and has clear instructions. The sample papers inside are valuable (albeit somewhat long) and there are very good tips for how to achieve at least a band 6.