The diagram shows how apple is canned. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 19 – Diagram
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 29 – Diagram
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 24 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
The diagram shows how fresh applet is canned. First the apple is picked from trees by hand. It is then transported to the cannery by large trucks. At the cannery the apple is washed and quality checked, and any poor quality apple is rejected.
The good quality apple is put into cold storage. When it is ready for canning the apple is weighted and graded. The grading ensures that the apple of a similar size is kept together. After this the apple is peeled and the cores are removed. It is then sliced into the required sizes and put into cans. Juice or syrup is also added to the cans.
Once the cans have been filled they are sealed and cooked over heat to ensure that the cans are sterilized. When the cans are cool, a label is attached and they are placed into storage. The canned apple is now ready to be despatched to supermarkets and sold.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!