The picture below shows the recycling process of wasted glass bottles. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 18th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 28th July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
The diagram illustrates the process of recycling wasted glass bottles. It is clear that there are three distinct stages in the recycling process, beginning with the collection of unused bottles and ending with the delivery of new bottles.
At the first stage in the process, wasted glass bottles are gathered at a collecting point and delivered to a cleaning plant by a truck. At the second stage, glass bottles are washed in high- pressure water before being categorized according to colors which normally include clear, green and brown. After that, the bottles are sent to a glass factory where they are broken into pieces. The process continues with burning these pieces in furnaces at the temperature of 600- 800c, and then liquid is produced. The recycled liquid glass and the new liquid glass from other sources are then shaped in a glass mould to produce new bottles.
At the final stage, new bottles are transported to supermarkets where the products are ready for sale.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!