The pie chart gives information on UAE government spending in 2000. The total budget was AED 315 billion.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 28 – Pie Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 20 – Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 13 – Pie Chart
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 – Pie Charts & Band 8.5 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic in Australia – December 2016 & Sample Answers
Write at least 150 words
The graph tells us about the budget of the UAE government in 2000. In general, the most important targets were social security, health, and education.
The biggest slice of the pie chart is taken up by social security including pensions, employment assistance and other benefits which made up slightly under one-third of total expenditure. Health and personal social services was the second highest budget cost. Hospital and medical services accounted for AED 53 billion, or about 15% of the budget. Education cost UAE AED 38 billion which comprises almost 12% of the whole budget. The government spent about seven percent of revenue on debt, and roughly similar amounts went towards defence (AED 22 billion) and law and order (AED 17 billion).
Spending on housing, transport and industry totalled AED 37 billion. Finally, other expenditure accounted for AED 23 billion.
All in all, the bulk of UAE government spending goes on social welfare and health. However, education, defence, and law and order are also major areas of spending.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018