IELTS Writing Task 2 Two Question Essay Topic: Natural Resources
IELTS Direct question essays in one of the essay types asked in IELTS Writing task 2. So, for topics like this Natural Resources, you’ll have to write an essay of at least 250 words keeping in mind the grammar, vocabulary, and word count. So, in this post, we’ll discuss how to understand the question and write an IELTS Direct Question essay.
The world’s natural resources are consumed at an ever-increasing rate. What are the dangers of this situation? What should we do?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay.
- Clearly state the intent of the essay.
- Paragraph 1- The overexploitation of natural resources results in several negative effects. Chief among them is a greater level of environmental contamination. In recent years, emissions from traffic have increased significantly due to the growing demand for fossil fuels globally.
- This impairs the quality of life and decreases the life expectancy of people. In Vietnam, for example, an increasing number of people are suffering from respiratory problems as a result of the deterioration in air quality. Another consequence is that natural resources will be dwindling shortly in the near future.
- Paragraph 2- The situation calls for prompt actions. One measure would be that campaigns should be continued to raise public awareness about saving energy.
- The second remedy is that alternative energy sources should be developed to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
Clearly state the topic of the essay and the intent that it holds.
It is true that there is growing consumption of natural resources in many parts of the world. This has potential problems, and we need to take action to combat the issue.
The overexploitation of natural resources results in several negative effects. Chief among them is a greater level of environmental contamination. In recent years, emissions from traffic have increased significantly due to the growing demand for fossil fuels globally. This impairs the quality of life and decreases the life expectancy of people. In Vietnam, for example, an increasing number of people are suffering from respiratory problems as a result of the deterioration in air quality. Another consequence is that natural resources will be dwindling shortly in the near future. A possible scenario of this is that countries may fall into a fuel war, which threatens mankind as a whole.
The situation calls for prompt actions. One measure would be that campaigns should be continued to raise public awareness about saving energy. For example, we can opt for public transport whenever possible rather than relying on our private vehicles. This will contribute to a reduction in the level of exhaust emissions released into the environment, slowing down the progress of global warming. The second remedy is that alternative energy sources should be developed to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. We should invest in solar power, wind power, and nuclear energy to make them viable for public use in the coming years.
In conclusion, an increase in the world’s demand for natural resources is posing a number of threats to society. However, this can be handled by adopting the above mentioned suggestions.
- exploitation: the use of land, oil, minerals, etc. ==>commercial exploitation of the mineral resources in Antarctica.
- Dwindle: to become gradually less or smaller. ==>Supplies of coal are dwindling fast.
- To opt for something: to choose to take or not to take a particular course of action. ==>After graduating she opted for a career in music.
- To reduce dependence on something
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
The overhauling of natural resources has evolved as a jumbo-threat in recent years. This alarming trend poses a number of serious impediments to the growth of health of the world and must be addressed with a number of definite actions. In the forthcoming sections of this essay, this problem and its possible solutions shall be discussed.
The increasingly high level of natural resources exploitation can be hazardous in many ways. The most obvious threat is that once the resources come to the verge of depletion, humans would have to face the scarcity of fuels and materials. When oil becomes scanty and more expensive, transport and heating would become less accessible and affordable to most people. The paucity of resources also leads to stagnation in other industries, for example, there would not be enough wood for furniture production and not enough seafood for food processing. This would threaten the business of thousands of companies, as well as the employment of millions of workers in these fields.
Some measures can be taken to mitigate the problem of over-consuming natural resources. The most practical measure is to lower the demand for energy in every household. This can be done by mass-producing energy-efficient household appliances and selling them at a low price. Energy demand may also be cut by making saving energy the focus in propaganda campaigns in various media channels. Another sustainable solution is to promote environmentally-friendly technology. For instance, solar cells are now sold in a small quantity and at a relatively high price; they should be made readier and cheaper for the public. Finally, the conservation and recovery of natural resources, including seafood and forests, must be regulated by law.
To conclude, the overexploitation of the world’s resources may result in dire consequences, threatening many industries and people’s life. Strong measures, such as reducing energy use and resource conservation and recovery laws, must be implemented to tackle this situation.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Some People Think That Schools Should Reward Students Who Show The Best Academic Results
- Whoever Controls The Media Also Controls Opinions And Attitudes
- Children Today Play Very Violent Games
- Some People Choose To Eat No Meat or Fish
- In Many Countries People Are Concerned About The Number Of Children Who Are Overweight
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors