IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic 12: Some people choose to eat no meat or fish
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion.
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay.
- State the intent of the essay and set a prelude to it.
- Paragraph 1- First of all, it is undeniable that by dint of eating like a vegetarian, people will have a nice body and more chance to avoid several chronic diseases. To specify, vegetables and fruits, which contain a rich source of vitamins and minerals, will enable people to keep a fit and healthy body.
- Paragraph 2- Sticking to vegetarian meals, we can contribute to saving the world. In more detail, the fact is that every year, the food processing industry consumes a large amount of clean water to produce meat or beef and release tons of waste and smoke into the environment.
Make an inference by drawing a final conclusion of the essay.
A healthy diet plays a very important role in maintaining people’s health. Some people argue that we should eat no fish and meat to have our own health better and it is also valuable to the world. In my opinion, I agree that this will bring many advantages but also causes several drawbacks.
First of all, it is undeniable that by dint of eating like a vegetarian, people will have a nice body and more chance to avoid several chronic diseases. To specify, vegetables and fruits, which contain a rich source of vitamins and minerals, will enable people to keep a fit and healthy body. Moreover, with a low amount of fats, cholesterol, or saturated fats, people will not have to worry about gaining weight or obesity as well as other related health issues like high blood pressure or heart diseases. For example, since I ate more vegetables, my body became stronger and my weight stayed unchanged over time.
Sticking to vegetarian meals, we can contribute to saving the world. In more detail, the fact is that every year, the food processing industry consumes a large amount of clean water to produce meat or beef and release tons of waste and smoke into the environment. Additionally, due to overfishing for food, many species of fish in seas, rivers, lakes are endangered and facing extinction. Therefore, if we remove meat and fish from our meal, we can prevent this.
Though nonveg food items might have an edge when it comes to having nutritional enrichment, it could be substituted by umpteen food substitutes available.
In conclusion, it is not always good if we only eat vegetables but we should reduce the amount of meat and fish as well as eat more vegetables for healthier living.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
Nowadays, people are free to have a lot of options related to food. Some of them argue that eating meat or fish have a fundamentally beneficial influence on our planet and our own life, while many others contend that it has a detrimental effect as well. To my way of thinking, meat and fish are one of the most important foods for our normal health, so it is harmful to refuse it absolutely.
Firstly, meat and fish provide a lot of cardinal vitamins. It is extremely necessary for our vital processes such as growth and physiological essence. Many food scientists have found out that there are several types of vitamins and proteins that could only be obtained from meat and fish. For example, Salmon fish generate certain types of oils that are beneficial for our blood circulation process. And then, red meat is needed as the source of nutrition for the human’s brain.
Moreover, it has been evidently proved that animal products are a rich source of Zinc and other micronutrients as well as the macronutrients that are quintessential to survive in an optimum way. Not incorporating it into the regular dietary patterns may imperil one’s risk to get emaciated and debilitated. It is found through the researches that the proportion of people who intake meat products are found to be at a lower risk of falling sick to multiple disorders such as, Anaemia, Muscular Dystrophy, Cataract, etc. Moreover, the people undergoing vigorous lifestyle routines can’t efficiently make it to the mark just by accentuating the vegetarian diet as it lacks the adequacy of proteins as compared to the sources such as chicken, fish, etc.
Some people owing to various reasons such as ethical foregrounds, extinction of animals, etc. However, if pondered upon pragmatically, having nutrition-rich nonvegetarian products are ineluctable for healthier anatomy and morphology.
Conclusively, it could thus be stated that one must plan to incorporate the quality meal on their platter encompassing all the food sources, veggies or meat and should have an intent of a sound body enveloping exercises and a healthy diet.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- In Many Countries People Are Concerned About The Number Of Children Who Are Overweight
- Some People Believe That Studying At University Or College Is The Best Route To A Successful Career
- Some People Say That The Education System Is The Only Critical Factor In The Development Of A Country
- Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact
- Teamwork Offers A Lot Of Benefits In The Modern Society
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors