IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Social networking sites have a huge negative impact
Many people believe that social networking sites have a huge negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree?
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay.
- Give an insight into the essay and what can be expected from it.
- Paragraph 1- The world stays connected through Facebook. For example, person A living in a remote corner of the world will still be able to remain in touch with his friends and family via Facebook. It eliminates feelings of isolation. Apart from family and friends, it helps a person find people who suit his/her interests and widen their circle.
- Paragraph 2- Linkedin is the one-stop solution to the unemployed lot. There are millions of job postings in almost every department, which enables a person to find a suitable job. Also, it has helped people who have lost jobs midway through their career path to recover. It has helped many people find jobs during recession times. It not only builds professional contacts but also increases employability by enabling features like recommendations.
Conclude the essay by stating a succinct extract of the essay and the idea perceived.
Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram have become an indispensable part of our lives. Technology has made great strides, and social networking sites are a critical factor in bringing people together. However, some people are of the opinion that it has an inimical effect on society. But I firmly believe that these are apprehensive arguments from people who resist change. We need to learn to adapt ourselves to technological evolution. In the following paragraphs, I shall put forth the ideas on how social networking sites help society.
The world stays connected through Facebook. For example, person A living in a remote corner of the world will still be able to remain in touch with his friends and family via Facebook. It eliminates feelings of isolation. Apart from family and friends, it helps a person find people who suit his/her interests and widen their circle. Once a news is posted, it spreads like wildfire, and millions of people read it. Many crimes and injustice meted out to people had been brought to the forefront and debated. In most cases, these discussions had enabled the affected to win.
Linkedin is the one-stop solution to the unemployed lot. There are millions of job postings in almost every department, which enables a person to find a suitable job. Also, it has helped people who have lost jobs midway through their career path to recover. It has helped many people find jobs during recession times. It not only builds professional contacts but also increases employability by enabling features like recommendations. By staying connected with the industry, a person gets to know about vacancies immediately.
Considering the interaction level that people have gained, social networking sites are definitely a boon, albeit the argument that they have robbed the quality time people spend with their families.
In summary, social networking sites help people win contacts and stay connected, which are very important for today’s world. Every individual must consciously avoid misusing it, which will help the community to utilise the potential of these social networking sites to the fullest extent.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
Technology is pervasive today and the way it has distended in recent years are incongruent to the extent of transformation it ever saw in the past. However, its impact and causative effects, according to some people, are very splenetic and disparaging to society. I don’t agree with this point of view and in fact, have a completely distinct notion about it. In the upcoming paragraphs, this shall be discussed at the stretch.
Social networking has actually helped in elevating the connectivity of society. People who were otherwise denuded or restricted by the communication gap owing to several reasons, now started to bond over again in the wake of the social media era. The distant classmates that one had in high school are very much available on Facebook to be greeted, the daily whereabouts of our friends are seen as snaps in Snapshot, even on Instagram for that matter, people are very much confident in portraying themselves out there in the public who otherwise were in the inertia of dissipating their hidden talents out. All of these sites have indeed helped people connect with each other, though virtually, but at least, bonded.
At times, the people who are not privileged enough in the attainment of education or guidance in the coaching centres, are able to have one in an open-forum discussion. Then, there are some reclusive and introverted people who are not bold and flagrant enough to put their views in a real-time setup, for such individuals, social media is no less than a bonanza in disguise. Even in showcasing the talent on a public platform from the nooks and corners of the world, social media sites have made remarkable contributions to bring on the table and hence, thoroughly changing and prospering the lives of such latent talent across the globe. The experiences, incidents that people have come face to face with, stories, exposure, etc. are the brownie points that always go into the satchel of social media for their advantageous sides. And, above all, the rekindling of the lost connections and interests, is the most epoch-making impact of social media.
Though the cases of maleficent attributes of social media are not unheard of, with diligence and prudence such cases can be thwarted apart.
Conclusively, it could hence be said that it is utterly erroneous to say that social media has a negative impact on the lives of people when the reality is the other way around.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Teamwork Offers A Lot Of Benefits In The Modern Society
- The Family Structure And The Role Of Its Members Are Gradually Changing
- Too Much Emphasis Is Placed On Going To University For Academic Education
- The Consumption Of The World’s Resources Is Increasing At a Dangerous Rate
- Scientists Agree That People Are Damaging Their Health By Eating Too Much Junk Food