IELTS Writing Task 2 Discursive Essay Topic: Schools should reward students who show the best academic results
Scoring a high band score in Writing Task 2 of the IELTS exam is not as complex as it may seem. The only thing students should do is correctly identify the essay type. As a result, practice topics like Schools should reward students who show the best academic results to help you discover numerous IELTS Discussion essay topics questions. It will assist you in improving your writing abilities and adequately planning your essay.
Some people think that schools should reward students who show the best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show improvements. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. OR
Some teachers tend to reward students who achieve high academic results. Others, however, support and reward students that show the most improvement. Discuss both approaches and give your opinion.
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
Band 9.0 Sample :
Giving encouragement is a necessary practice in every education system. In some countries, a form of awards is often given to those who achieve the highest level of academic attainment, but this is not the most desirable solution, as will now be discussed.
Some argue that students with the best academic results should be rewarded. The core of this argument is that this may encourage students to study hard for the best grade and that those who excel at academic performances should be praised for their efforts. However, only some brilliant students can be able to come top in formal exams while average students may think that they are incapable of competing with more intelligent students at all. Therefore, slow students might feel reluctant to bury themselves in study to achieve higher IELTS Band scores.
However, I side with those who believe that schools should reward those who endeavour to study and make significant improvements in the educational environment. For example, when I was a child, I often received a small gifts from my parents once I scored higher than I did in the previous exam. I still remember that this did make significant contributions to my study and helped me to progress fast in the classroom. Thus, it is suggested that schools take the same action to encourage students to learn. For instance, teachers can pay a compliment as the recognition of the efforts that students make during the semester.
In conclusion, it seems to me that schools should reward those who make academic improvements rather than those who score highest in the exam.
Useful Vocabulary & Expressions :
- Attainment: something that you achieved ==>a young woman of impressive educational attainments.
- To excel at smth: to be very good at doing something ==>She has always excelled in foreign languages.
- To be incapable of doing smth
- To endeavour: to try very hard to do something ==>The buyer should always endeavour to negotiate terms.
- To pay a compliment: compliment on somebody/something
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Whoever Controls The Media Also Controls Opinions And Attitudes
- Children Today Play Very Violent Games
- Some People Choose To Eat No Meat or Fish
- In Many Countries People Are Concerned About The Number Of Children Who Are Overweight
- Some People Believe That Studying At University Or College Is The Best Route To A Successful Career
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors