IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic 01: Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Whoever controls the media also controls the opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little that can be done to rectify this.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay.
- State the intent of the essay.
- Paragraph 1- It is very hard to diminish our reliance on media resources and as every society needs some sources of information in order to acquire the knowldege they need and the updates of the globe or at least, in their respective spaces.
- From the scratch to the very zenith, media helps in awaring and updating people on various fronts that not only helps them in taking prudential decisions, but also mitigates and agguages the perils of traversing a wrong path owing to the lack of knowledge and reality.
- Paragraph 2- Every member of society needs to get information. Without that, it would not be possible to involve in social, cultural and economic activities.
- with a right frame of mind, people can conquer the domain they are inclined towards with the help of the disseminated information through the media.
Conclude the essay by stating the inference made from the written essay
People often argue that media controls the opinions of the people and the general public and there is a lack of actions that are needed to resolve this. Well, I disagree with this belief as I feel that media is essential for the development of people and that it’s up to the viewers’ discretion as per what they perceive from the content.
It is very hard to diminish our reliance on media resources and as every society needs some sources of information in order to acquire the knowledge they need and the updates of the globe or at least, in their respective spaces. From scratch to the very zenith, media helps in enlightening and updating people on various fronts that not only helps them in taking prudential decisions but also mitigates and assuages the perils of traversing a wrong path owing to the lack of knowledge and reality.
Every member of society needs to get information. Without that, it would not be possible to involve in social, cultural and economic activities. For example, in order to trade successfully, companies should be aware of the situation in the global market, or people should be provided with social, cultural and political information in order to know what is happening around them. From this aspect, it is clear that for people it is very hard and nearly impossible to ignore media sources as our society heavily depends on the information. Additionally, with the right frame of mind, people can conquer the domain they are inclined towards with the help of the disseminated information through the media.
Though some say, the liberalisation of media hampers the thought processes of people by shaping their belief systems through caricaturing the real information in their own ways, however, I feel that it is not right and in fact, help people in passing through the gates of misinformation.
Conclusively, It could be said that media plays a vital role in updating people all across the globe and that if looked at the presentation with judicious use of the intellect, it is the best source of information that one might ever have.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
People often say that the role of media, be it entertainment streams or the news channels, have been rife and pervasive in recent years thereby making people vulnerable to fall into the sham and get beguiled by not so genuine kinds of stuff out there, moreover the permissive and liberal media laws impede to curb this development. I happen to be agreeing with this notion. In the forthcoming paragraphs, I shall be discussing my viewpoints on this proposition.
A large number of people use media for s pieces of information, updating news, communicating, or even entertaining. Hence, they absorb what they are presented through the media and, consequently, the media influences the users into believing in them. For instance, if people watch the commercials about any product frequently, they eventually tend to be induced to buy that product. This is how most of the media work; they are persuasive and convincing. Consequently, people’s minds absolutely are affected by receiving these things repeatedly.
Teenagers, who are credulous and gullible, are usually the main target of the media. Moreover, most of them love and admire celebrities and singers around their age and ordain them as their role models. In addition, television programming companies generally have the right to present anything that they want to. As a result, movies on our television are sometimes abusive and cruel which is not apt for youngsters as don’t have enough justification to judge what is righteous in the media. Consequently, they might emulate these behaviours, making them more aggressive towards their families and friends. To make it worse, at times, the forbearing regulatory boards promulgate and air such practices.
Some might say that media plays a vital role in making people informed and to halt its freedom might cease someone to get to the terms with what is happening around, however, in recent times it is conspicuously seen that such media outlets have soared the plight of hooliganism, vandalism and even some deleterious trends.
In conclusion, it can thus be stated that the media and the PR houses are also able to alter and structure people’s notions and standpoints inevitably and though subsequent actions could be taken, the demon of ‘Press Freedom” comes in between the way of recuperation of media shenanigans.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Children Today Play Very Violent Games
- Some People Choose To Eat No Meat or Fish
- In Many Countries People Are Concerned About The Number Of Children Who Are Overweight
- Some People Believe That Studying At University Or College Is The Best Route To A Successful Career
- Some People Say That The Education System Is The Only Critical Factor In The Development Of A Country
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors