Describe a place where you relaxed
You should say:
where this place is
what it is like
how you spend time there
and explain why you think it is a good place for relaxation.
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
In this hectic life, it is easy for people to get stressed out from different situations. Therefore, we all need a place of rest and relaxation where we can temporarily get away from the hustle and bustle of the daily life. Everyone needs a place to hide away. For me, that is the kitchen. I choose blue and white for kitchen’s wall because those colors help me to unwind. On top of that, I enjoy every single moment spent in the kitchen. When I cook in the kitchen, I find myself in another world where I am able to mix all ingredients together to try out a brand new recipe. Therefore, there are many baking stuff and machines arranged nicely in my kitchen. After cooking, I usually invite some of my close to come over and throw a party to enjoy my home-made cakes and dishes; but every now and then, I just cook for my family. My mother and father always give some generous compliments on my cooking skills and keep telling me that cooking is my inborn talent, which makes me jump for joy. That’s why I always love to be in the kitchen. It also becomes a very social place where everyone in the house gathers together to have a small chit-chat about our daily life. Therefore, kitchen, for me, represents a place of spiritual meaning. I believe that the warm from kitchen will warm up the house and the moments we spend in the kitchen can help strengthen the family bonds.
Stress out (verb) be nervous, worried
Get someone or something away from someone or something (phrasal verb) to take someone or something away from someone or something, in any combination
The hustle and bustle of something (phrase) busy and noisy activity
Hide away (phrasal verb)
Try out a brand new recipe (phrase) try a new recipe
Unwind (verb) To become free of nervous tension; relax
Every now and then (idiom) sometimes
Throw a party (phrase) arrange a party
Chit-chat (noun) friendly conversation about things that are not very important
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!