Describe a restaurant that you like – IELTS Cue Card Sample 106
|Describe a restaurant that you like to use.
You should say:
Answer by IELTS test taker with examiner’s comment
I would like to talk about a Japanese restaurant I read about on a food blogger’s website. The restaurant named X located in an alley on ABC Street which is popular with lovers of Japanese food. As I live in XYZ, I can’t go to that restaurant on a regular basis. Thus, every time I get chance, I love to get there with my colleagues to enjoy a palatable meal.
This restaurant serves some kinds of Japanese traditional food. Among them, “ramen” – a traditional noodle of Japanese is the most sought-after dish by this restaurant’s customers. It offers some famous kinds of ramen, with self-made noodle, making a wonderful and true ramen taste. The other thing which makes me fall in love with this restaurant is the Japanese culture when I eat out there. Chefs and waiters are always kind and polite, but smoking or too much noise is never allowed there. Thus, as soon as you get into the restaurant, it seems like you are immediately brought to Japan to experience the cuisine and the culture. That’s why it’s enjoyable to be there though it is located in a small area.
Despite the fact that I really love our country’s cuisine, sometimes I choose to enjoy food from other cultures, and Japan is always at the top of the list. The art of Japanese cuisine, and the cozy ambience this restaurant creates do impress me a lot.
Useful vocabulary & expressions:
- on a regular basis: regularly
Ex: I don’t go to that restaurant on a regular basis
- popular with: liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people
- palatable: delicious
- Sought-after: wanted by many people
- at the top of the list: better than all the others
Ex: I like all of his books, but this one is at the top of the list.
- She makes a few small grammatical errors in this part, but she uses a good range of Grammar quite effectively with both simple and complex structures.
- She uses a wide range of vocabulary, including some less common and idiomatic items and effective collocation (palatable, sought-after, at the top of the list, cozy ambience, etc). However, sometimes she lacks precision in her choice of words and expressions (Japanese instead of Japan, etc)
Estimated IELTS Speaking Band 7.5
Bonus Cue Card: Describe a restaurant that you enjoyed going to. You should say:
- Where the restaurant was
- How you found out about it
- What they served there, and
- Why you enjoyed it
- IELTS Speaking tips
- Cue Card Samples
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking