IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Essay Topic: Large shopping centers and supermarkets are more common than small local shops
The Essay Writing section of the IELTS Writing Module can be a difficult task for many IELTS Aspirants. Thus, it is vital that you polish your essay writing skills before attempting the IELTS.
Below is a sample IELTS Essay for the IELTS Essay topic:
Nowadays, large shopping centers and supermarkets are more common than small local shops. Is this a negative or positive development?
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay and state the view.
- Paragraph 1 – Shopping malls and supermarkets provide consumers with a wide range of goods and products. This is incredibly convenient for shoppers as they can compare various brands before purchasing items that best suit their needs, while this satisfaction can hardly be achieved when they shop at smaller stores.
- Paragraph 2 – The quality of products in supermarkets and shopping malls is trustworthy and superior to those from traditional outlets. It is a given fact that these giant stores only go into partnership with the suppliers who can provide products of premium quality and at a reasonable price.
- Conclude the essay by summarizing the topic along with the final view.
Supermarkets and shopping centers have gained immense popularity over the past few decades due to the range of conveniences they offer. I firmly believe this phenomenon is a positive one.
To begin with, shopping malls and supermarkets provide consumers with a wide range of goods and products. This is incredibly convenient for shoppers as they can compare various brands before purchasing items that best suit their needs, while this satisfaction can hardly be achieved when they shop at smaller stores. Shopping in big complexes could also act as an efficient time-saver for busy modern shoppers as they could obtain almost everything they need under one roof and benefit from a lower chance of low stock.
Furthermore, the quality of products in supermarkets and shopping malls is trustworthy and superior to those from traditional outlets. It is a given fact that these giant stores only go into partnership with the suppliers who can provide products of premium quality and at a reasonable price. This requires manufacturers to make every effort to innovate their production lines and enhance their product quality in order to compete against other rivals to attract more customers. This would then benefit the end users.
IELTS Actual Test Questions (July - October 2022)
4.8 of 5
4.6 of 5
4.8 of 5
4.8 of 5
Last but not least, a large shopping center accommodates various service-oriented features and activities other than merely retailing goods. To be more specific, consumers can enjoy children’s playgrounds, virtual reality games, or movies in incorporated cineplexes. This would result in a satisfying shopping experience, thus obtaining an increase in returning visits.
To conclude, since supermarkets offer shoppers with reasonably-priced and high-quality products with wonderful experiences, I believe the prevalence of supermarkets is a positive development.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
The prevalence of shopping malls is spreading at a significant pace as such establishments are becoming common not only in metropolitan cities but in small towns as well. The inclination of the present generation, especially the youth, towards visiting shopping centres for nearly all their requirements is quite evident in the amount of footfall that such places receive even on a weekday. Although there is a debate on the nature of this trend and the possible outcomes it will have on society, I believe that the rising popularity of shopping marts is a favourable occurrence.
One of the prime benefits that supermarkets offer customers, and compel them to visit such markets over local outlets is the degree of convenience. The basic idea of a shopping mall is to offer a diverse array of stores to meet a variety of customer demands. From clothing, electronics, household appliances to even furniture, retailers of all kinds of merchandise are housed under a single roof when it comes to shopping complexes.
Moreover, such marketplaces are known to accommodate and partner with premium brands only. The retail stores present in shopping malls are typically part of a multinational corporation or an international chain of stores. Thus, the quality of the products offered in such places is undoubtedly superior as they are manufactured and processed under a sophisticated system to meet the standards of the global market.
Nevertheless, the surge in the volume of shopping centres is indeed a threat to indigenous traders and businesses. However, such developments are inevitable and we must accept them as a part of modernisation.
Finally, I would like to say that people have always valued convenience and variety when it comes to shopping and since shopping complexes can offer both at the same time, their widespread presence can be deemed advantageous.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Some People Say That Economic Growth Is The Only Way To End Hunger And Poverty
- Some Teachers Prefer The Group Study Methods For Their Students
- Corruption Becomes A C0ommon Disease Among Several Nations
- The Population Of Some Countries Includes A Relatively Large Number Of Young Adults
- Most Countries Believe That International Tourism Has Harmful Effects
Also check :