READING PASSAGE 01
- Mobile Phones And Driving, The Eiffel Tower, Hazard Management – Reading Answers
- Plant Scents, The Development of Plastics, Global Warming in New Zealand – Reading Answers in 2017
- Going Bananas, Computer Provides More Questions, Save Endangered Language – Reading Answers in 2016
- Hot Air Ballooning, Illegal Downloads – Reading Answers
- Looking In The Telescope, Preparing For The Threat – Reading Answers
- Answer: D. The answer is in the first paragraph. The author does not say what he believes. A and B are incorrect, because the writer says; … we hear about…; not that he believes it one way or the other. Nor does the text state whether he is sure or not as in 2. C. Also, look at the last paragraph.
Answer: C, The answer is in the last sentence of the first paragraph. The key phrase is as is so often the case. Therefore, A and B are not possible. As for D, the text docs not tell you this.
- Answer: D. The answer is in the second paragraph, in the last sentence, A does not relate to what the meteorologists believe. See earlier in the paragraph. B is not cor¬rect, because it is the opposite, C is incorrect, because the meteorologists do not say that the results will be devastating.
- Answer: D. The answer is in the first part of paragraph 3, in the first sentence. A is the opposite of the correct answer. B and C appear in the text, but in a different context.
- Answer: A. The answer Is in the second part of paragraph 3: using artificial models of climate as a way of predicting change is all but impossible. B is incorrect, because this is what Dr. Hansen said in the past; the same is true for C. D is Incorrect, because Dr. Hansen does not say anything about Earth getting colder, only greener,
Also check: IELTS Reading
- Answer: Not Given. The answer can be found In paragraph 4. The text does not say anything about the weather forecaster’s expertise.
- Answer: No. The answer is in the second part of the fourth paragraph. The opposite is true, as most of the increase happened before the second half of the twentieth century.
- Answer: Yes. The answer can be found in the first sentence of the fifth paragraph. Also see paragraph 1.
- Answer: Not Given. This is not mentioned in the passage, Look in paragraph 5.
- Answer: Not Given. This is not mentioned in the passage, Look in paragraph 6.
- Answer: Yes. The answer can be found in the second part of the last paragraph.
Question 12 and 13
- Answer: in recycled paper. The answer Is in the last paragraph, The elements of the sentence have been changed around.
- Answer: most to lose. The answer can be found In the last paragraph. Again the elements of sentence have been changed around.
- Answer: B. The writer wrote the passage to show that the Issue of global warming Is often exaggerated by the press. The other titles refer to only parts of the text. You would be wise to leave this question until you have answered all the other questions, so that you have a better feel for the text.