IELTS Writing 2 Topic: Teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge what is right and wrong so that they can behave well. Others say that teachers should only teach students academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay and clearly state the view.
- Paragraph 1 – Academic teaching is the main duty of schools while teaching children to behave well is the job of parents. It is by dint of dividing clear responsibilities for both parents and schools that teachers feel less burdened to focus on their specialized task that is to equip children with necessary knowledge to become confident in dealing with challenges in workplaces.
- Paragraph 2 – Moral teaching is the subject children should be imbued through their practical experience in the later life. What their teachers impart about morality at school is sometimes theoretical and proves burdensome for them who are already exhausted in the completion of homework at school.
- Conclude the essay by summarizing the topic and stating the final view in the end.
The task of educating children to become useful people is far from easy, especially when parents and education desire for a comprehensive education for them. Some people believe that to be specialized in each educational task , school should be exclusively responsible for arming children with academic knowledge to be ready for job market while others hold onto the idea that moral teaching is also the mission of school. Each idea has its own validity.
It is the first argued that academic teaching is the main duty of schools while teaching children to behave well is the job of parents. It is by dint of dividing clear responsibilities for both parents and schools that teachers feel less burdened to focus on their specialized task that is to equip children with necessary knowledge to become confident in dealing with challenges in workplaces. Parents, in the meantime, who stay by theirs children’s side, from the childhood to adulthood, can understand them more than ever. For that reason, their guidance to follow social moral codes to make sure their kids get along with others is sensible. Others, however (Signpost to change to the second idea), point out the fact that so busy are parents with their own career pursuit that some of them make light of inculcating proper codes of behavior in their children whereas some of them are factually not yet good examples for their kids to learn. How could parents who are drunkards or gamblers be fully qualified for teaching their children to behave ethically? Nowhere can kids find their orientation in their behavior more effectively in their teachers’ advice and instructions at school.
Another reason, nevertheless, in support of the former idea is that moral teaching is the subject children should be imbued through their practical experience in the later life. What their teachers impart about morality at school is sometimes theoretical and proves burdensome for them who are already exhausted in the completion of homework at school. (Signpost to change to the second idea) Yet no sooner do kids graduate from their schools than they begin to undergo extreme depression when faced that fact they can hardly find themselves at ease with other people from all walks of life despite their wealth of knowledge. The truth is to achieve the common goal, there needs more than academic knowledge itself, but rather teamwork, leadership and others which they would be unfortunately deprived of this policy ran into reality. At the same time, to lessen the curriculum overload in all these subjects, teachers can flexibly mix moral and academic teaching. For instance, through the lessons on literature, moral behavior can be highlighted, and by that way, kids can deeply remember and naturally absorb moral behavior.
All in all, each view has its own reason, and my belief is that the harmonious combination of these subjects might be the best choice.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
The process of learning something new can be difficult and even tiresome in many cases. That being said, guiding someone through this process is even more taxing. There is an ongoing debate on whether children should be given moral education during their school years by the teachers or the curriculum should be restricted to academics. In my opinion, it is a prime responsibility of teachers to introduce the concepts of morality to school children. In the following paragraphs, I will explore both sides of the topic in detail and support my view with relevant instances.
First of all, it is crucial to understand the significance of primary education in the formation of a person’s personality. The ability to assess, judge and make decisions is greatly influenced by what we learn in our formative years which is during primary school. Thus, if youngsters are not given the right coaching by their teachers in recognizing the value of making prudent choices at an early age, it is unlikely that they are going to procure this knowledge later on in life.
However, it is important to keep in mind that the primary aim of students is to become trained in academic disciplines as the experience and knowledge of a student is what helps them procure better employment. Presently, the qualifications of an individual are considered their identity in the corporate world and having the best of training from reputed institutes is the goal for a majority of students. Accordingly, teachers should focus on tutoring students and making them proficient in academics as that holds more value for the current generation.
In conclusion, I would like to say that school is considered to be a second home for young children and similarly teachers are deemed to be secondary guardians. Therefore, it is the duty of our teachers to help and aid us to become educated professionals and virtuous human beings.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Government I0nvestment In The Arts
- In Many Countries The Proportion Of Older Is Steadily Increasing
- Economic Growth Has Helped Many Become Richer
- Today’s Fresh Food Like Vegetables Or Fruits Travels Thousands Of Miles
- Girls Tend To Choose Arts While Boys Like Science
- It Is Better For College Students To Live In Schools Than Live At Home With Their Parents
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors