IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay Education Topic: Many people go to university for academic study
While many people go to university for academic study, more people should be encouraged to do vocational training because there is a lack of qualified workers such as electricians and plumbers. Do you agree or disagree?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic sentence
- Mention the view on the topic clearly.
- Paragraph 1 – This policy could create the balance between the two types of workers. Obviously, manual workers contribute to the growth of the economy as much as those working in the office do.
- Paragraph 2 – There is a lack of skilled worker, those who possess a trade will seek employment more easily. Recent graduates from universities are unable to have a job due to the intense competition and oversupply in the labor market.
- Conclude the essay by summarizing the topic and stating the final view.
It is true that we live in a society that places a high emphasis on white-collar jobs, which leads to a shortage of competent blue-collar workers. Therefore, I totally agree with the idea that more teenagers need to be urged to take a course in vocational schools.
On the macro level, this policy could create the balance between the two types of workers. Obviously, manual workers contribute to the growth of the economy as much as those working in the office do. As a result, if a country fails to have a sufficient number of manual workers, the growth of the economy might be negatively affected. For example, when a country does not have enough electricians, the whole electricity grid of that country might be at the risk of malfunction. The obvious consequence of this situation is that the power supply to factories and businesses would be unstable and interrupted, which hinders the proper operation of its economy.
On the micro level, as there is a lack of skilled worker, those who possess a trade will seek employment more easily. Recent graduates from universities are unable to have a job due to the intense competition and oversupply in the labor market. By contrast, most vocational schools often offer programs that are in high demand or shortage. This means that after finishing these courses, students are guaranteed a job in local factories. Consequently, many people with a bachelor degree in business administration or finance are still jobless whereas those with a trade of plumbing or nursing have a good job and, therefore, ensure a successful future.
In conclusion, the society is in a severe shortage of skilled workers; hence, encouraging more youngsters to attend trade schools is actually necessary to maintain the economy in good shape.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
Today individuals are more inclined towards pursuing a career in Supply Chain Management or Marketing than they are in vocational professions. The obsession with the silver tag that comes along with a Masters in Business Administration degree from a reputed business school or a Doctorate in any academic discipline has risen drastically over the years. Consequently, professions like plumbing, construction and automobile repairing to name a few have been neglected by a majority. Thus, I wholeheartedly believe that such blue-collar trades should be facilitated as they are vital to society. In the following paragraphs, I will elaborate on the topic and justify my views with relevant instances.
It is a known fact that executives manage and enable the smooth functioning of any organization. At the same time, the simple fact also has to be acknowledged that no organization can function without ground-level workers. One of the prime reasons for people to avoid labour-intensive jobs is that such employment operates on minimum wage, especially in third-world countries. Thus the upliftment of such segments of the population and improvement of wages for such workers should be undertaken by the government.
Another hindrance to the growth of such occupations is the lack of proper education and training facilities. That being said, it is of the utmost importance to procure thorough and sufficient knowledge on the vocation to practice it professionally. Therefore, the absence of modern and sophisticated courses and schooling leads to a shortage of better employment opportunities.
Although, it is important to understand that a human being always prefers a better and higher standard of living. Accordingly, the benefits of seeking vocational work need to be expanded to make it more appealing to the public.
Finally, I would like to conclude by saying that a line of work should not be judged by its nature. Every job is a craft in its own right and all of them should be treated equally.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- In Many Countries Government Spend A Lot Of Money Celebrating National Holidays
- There Is A General Increase In Anti-Social Behaviour And Lack of Respect For Others
- Nowadays People Use Bicycles Less As A Form of Transport
- In The Future, It Seems It Will Be More Difficult To Live On The Earth
- Although More And More People Read News On The Internet
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
Post your Comments